Anastasia Hoshin (アナスタシア・ホーシン) is the head of the Hoshin Trading Company and a candidate to become the 42nd King of Lugnica. Her knight is Julius Juukulius.
Anastasia is a petite woman with blue green eyes and long, wavy purple hair that extends to her hips. She wears a long white dress with a fur hat and scarf along with a large purse shaped like a wallet. She also wears a star-shaped hairpin on her hair and a small teal pendant around her neck. In her negotiation with Subaru, she wore a short pink hat and a blue scarf. She is described to have cute looks and an aura similar to a small animal.
In her flashback where she had first met Ricardo, Anastasia had short hair and wore a small pink and purple kimono with polka-dots. Then in Kararagi Girl & Cat's Eye, she wore a white and blue kimono. But as she got older, she outgrew her hair and wore a long kimono with flowers on her sleeves.
Anastasia has a crafty personality, always putting herself first, even admitting herself that she was greedy, her greed stemming from the fact that she was an orphan. She speaks with a Kansai dialect. She likes it when people benefit when she benefits, though despite her faults, she is actually sympathetic and has a strong sense of duty. She also loves food like okonomiyaki and is mentioned to be a real liquor lover.
Currently, Anastasia's body is being controlled by the Artificial Spirit Echidna as she is unable to leave her body for an unknown reason.
Anastasia was an orphan as her parents died. She used to work in a bar as a waitress until she met Ricardo. While exchanging some conversations, Anastasia eventually stated that she would be the one to remove his slave collar.
Anastasia seemed to have run into some issues with the Chamber of Commerce in the city, thus Ricardo pledged he would help Anastasia fix this by going along with her and pay off her debt. As they arrive, the leader questions Ricardo's intentions with Anastasia, assuming that the Demi-Human was a lolicon. This enraged Anastasia, making her demand them to leave him alone, and demanded to remove his collar. However, the Chamber of Commerce replied with stating that she already had a huge debt, and adding this would greatly damage her credit. Contrary to belief, Anastasia pulled out a bag with enough coins to pay off her debt and free Ricardo. After some discussions, it resulted in Ricardo being freed and her debt being paid off. Having been freed from his fetters as a slave, Ricardo pledged his allegiance to Anastasia.
Later on, she came to work for the Ryuushika Business Association, during which she voiced her opinion concerning a small business deal, earning her work. Eventually, she bought the company with her amassed wealth and renamed it into the Hoshin Trading Company. Looking to expand into the Lugnica market, she was in the middle of talks with the Juukulius family when it was discovered that she was eligible to participate in the royal election.
- Defective Gate: According to the Artificial Spirit Echidna, Anastasia's gate is unable to absorb mana from the atmosphere properly, causing her to be chronically mana deficient. Her affinity is "Light/Yang". Her deficiency is mentioned to be hereditary.
Skilled Businesswoman: Anastasia is extremely skilled at business, having worked her way up from nothing to being the president of a prominent trading company. Her skill is mentioned to be natural.
Artificial Spirit (人工精霊 Jinkou Seirei): Anastasia isn't contracted with the Artificial Spirit Echidna, however the two get along quite well, with Echidna showing an interest in her. The two have been together for eleven years and her existence was kept secret even to Julius and the members of the Fang of Iron.
Equipment: During the trip to the Pleiades Watchtower, Anastasia is shown to use a thick knife as a means to defend herself. However, as it is mentioned that the knife was part of their emergency bag and that her Artificial Spirit was possessing her, it is unknown if she normally uses any weapon at all.
- According to the author, Anastasia's birthday is March 10.
- According to the author's Anastasia birthday Q&A, he picked the name "Anastasia" because he wanted a noble name from another country.
- According to the author's Anastasia birthday Q&A, Anastasia uses fake Kansai Dialect, however, that's a spoiler.
- Anastasia's Birthday Q&A 2018.
- The star-shaped hairpin that Anastasia wears was given as a gift from Ricardo.
- Anastasia's embarrassing memory was when she was an orphan in the slums, Ricardo put her in the bath and cleaned her up. After that, she was put in the bath time after time by Ricardo.
- Anastasia is the type to rapidly change her clothes to match her mood. Out of the Royal Selection candidates, Anastasia is the one that spends the most on clothing while Priscilla is the one that just spends on jewelry.
- Anastasia likes eating odd things. For example, She likes bakudan with seafood mixed in
- Her favorite food is Daisukiyaki made by someone other than herself.
- Anastasia's Birthday Q&A 2019.
- According to the author's Anastasia birthday 2019, Anastasia's first love is Ricardo.
- Anastasia was born in poverty without a name, thus she came to name herself Anastasia.
- If Anastasia and members of her camp were trapped in a video game world, they would be in some sort of a party game, like Mario Kart for example.