Return to the Capital City (再来の王都, Sairai no Ōto) is the the third arc of the Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu series, preceded by The Tumultuous Week Arc and followed by The Everlasting Contract Arc. Arc 3 consists of six light novel volumes which were then adapted into eleven manga volumes with art made by Daichi Matsuse and fourteen anime episodes.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Synopsis
- 3 Characters
- 4 Adaptation
- 5 Adaptation Differences
- 6 Navigation
Subaru, after embarrassing Emilia and himself in the royal capital, is left to be treated by Ferris. Soon after, Subaru and Rem return to the mansion, only to discover that everyone in the Emilia Camp was dead. While striving forward, he finds clues, and is convinced that he cannot fight his enemies alone, causing him to seek as much help as possible.
- Main article: Re:Zero Light Novel Volume 4/Synopsis
- Main article: Re:Zero Light Novel Volume 5/Synopsis
- Main article: Re:Zero Light Novel Volume 6/Synopsis
- Main article: Re:Zero Light Novel Volume 7/Synopsis
- Main article: Re:Zero Light Novel Volume 8/Synopsis
- Main article: Re:Zero Light Novel Volume 9/Synopsis
- Chapter 2
- Subaru noting the details of the bear-like beast-man and extra dialogue about Anastasia's mercenary group, the Fang of Iron, was removed, including information about Kararagi and its dialect.
- Chapter 3
- Most of the chapter retains the writing that was in the web novel with added/changed monologue and dialogue.
- Ricardo mentions that the mana repulsion crystals are very scarce instead of not knowing how many there are left.
- Chapter 1
- Ricardo did not assist the ambush with Subaru, Wilhelm, Mimi, and Tivey. And because of that, Wilhelm decapitated Petelgeuse by himself instead of Ricardo assisting Wilhelm for the kill.
- Chapter 2
- Ricardo and Julius's dialogue and appearance after killing Petelgeuse for the first time was completely removed. Instead, it uses dialogue and appearance from Subaru's second time killing Petelguese.
- The entire loop where Subaru, Wilhelm, and the entire expeditionary force was killed by the female finger in Irlam Village was omitted.
- Subaru wakes up in front of Ricardo from Returned by Death and noting that his save point is updated was omitted.
- Satella's dialogue is cut and moved to volume 9 as a prologue.
- Rajan's debut was moved to earlier into this volume instead of later on.
- Chapter 3
- The entire conversation between Emilia and Julius was omitted.
- Subaru and Emilia's plan to go to the Sanctuary to evacuate the remaining villagers was omitted.
- Chapter 4
- Wilhelm became unconscious after defeating the 2nd finger instead of continuing the battle.
- Ricardo, Mimi, and Tivey's appearance, dialog, and fight scenes during the Witch Cult's ambush were completely removed.
- Chapter 5
- The fight against Petelgeuse was completely changed to have Emilia and Petelgeuse fight one on one and have Subaru, Julius, and Felix stayed back and watches the battle instead of Subaru, Julius, Ricardo, Wilhelm, and Felix assisting Emilia.
- Subaru's death was modified to have Emilia, Ricardo, and Julius's appearance and dialog removed. And because of that, Wilhelm kills Subaru instead of Julius.
- Because of the loop where Subaru gets killed by the female finger was removed, Subaru's death where he gets killed by Wilhelm is considered as the 11th death instead the 12th.
- Chapter 1
- The cut part where Subaru wakes up in front of Ricardo from Returned by Death and noting that his save point is updated was was moved to the beginning of chapter 1.
- Chapter 6
- Instead of Wilhelm reprimanding Ferris for putting the blame on of the cult's actions on Emilia, it is Crusch who does so, which shows for the first time that fragments of her old personality still exists.
- Ferris mentioning Volcanica, Flugel, Reid, and Shaula and mentioning Pleiades Watchtower was omitted.
- Subaru's conversation with Puck about Gluttony's Authority was omitted.
- Emilia is now present during the last scene; she comes to console Subaru about Rem.