The Corridor of Memories (記憶の回廊, Kioku no Kairo) is the sixth arc of the Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu series, preceded by the Stars That Engrave History Arc. Arc 6 is currently being updated in the Web Novel, though Volume 21 was also released on September the 25th which started the Arc in the Light Novel as well.
Subaru leads a team to the Pleiades Watchtower to gain knowledge regarding how to fix the problems caused during the battle in Priestella. Once they finally arrive, Shaula tells them that to gain knowledge, they must complete the Trials corresponding to certain floors. However, in the process of doing so, enemies new and old appear.
- Main article: Re:Zero Light Novel Volume 21/Synopsis
- Main article: Re:Zero Light Novel Volume 22/Synopsis
- The conversation that takes place in Chapter 6 of the Web Novel where Julius talks about his position in the Juukulius family has been moved to the prologue.
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- The name of the Earth Dragon "Gyan" has been changed to "Josef" in the Light Novel.
- The group spend more time in the Sand Dunes trying to find a way to break through the Sand Time with no success. In the Light Novel Ram ends up being quintessential in helping them break through the Sand Time.
- They spend several days trying to find a Demon Beast that passes through the Sand Time using Ram's clairvoyance with the aid of Meili to tell her the position of the Demon Beasts. But, due to their wavelengths mismatching, it takes her a lot of trial and error with no actual success.
- Eventually, after Anastasia spots one of the birds that is said to fly towards the tower, Ram successfully clairvoyances into one of the birds; this ends up helping them find a way to break through it.
- Chapter 3
- Before Subaru, Ram, Anastasia and Patrasche end up falling down to the underground area, Ram uses her clairvoyance ability and ends up linking with the Sage. She realises that the Sage was observing Subaru, and when Subaru tries to get her to confirm that she'd linked up to the Sage, her ability recoils and blood starts streaming down her right eye socket. As Subaru tries to get her to stop using her Divine Protection, the world around them twists and breaks, causing the aforementioned four to sink down to the underground area.
- Chapter 4
- The loop where Subaru died to the Centaur in Chapter 13 was cut out of the Light Novel.
- In the Light Novel, Subaru, Ram, Anastasia and Patrasche travel through the right path first. There are no mentions made about any of them having a bad feeling towards that path.
- They eventually come across a huge giant iron wall barring their way. Ram and Anastasia recognise it as an iron wall, a huge clump of iron stopping their path, but Subaru immediately recognises it as a door. When Subaru touches it, the "door" vanishes and lets them pass. They come across three more of these doors. In total, three of them vanish when Subaru touches them. However, when he touches the fourth one, nothing happens. As a result of the influence of miasma, the group end up killing each other in a manner similar to Chapter 15 in the Web Novel following this.
- Chapter 5
- During Subaru's first encounter with the Centaur Witchbeast, he runs across a Courtesan Bear that had ended up in the underground area. Before the Courtesan Bear can attack him, the Centaur Witchbeast makes its appearance, spearing the Courtesan Bear and incinerating it.
- Subaru is quicker to come to a plan in the Light Novel on how to distract the Centaur. He quickly realises that the Centaur hadn't burnt him to a crisp along with the Courtesan Bear due to it using echolocation as its sense of sight. He uses his water flask, and then coins he was carrying to distract the Centaur away from him and the others until the Centaur detects them using the echo.
- In the Light Novel the Centaur can form flaming weapons made of bone.
- Subaru distracts the Centaur first using his water flask, and then coins from his wallet, whereas in the Web Novel he only used water flasks.
- Chapter 1
- Subaru infers that Merope could be the underground area, in contrast to the Web Novel where he just asks Shaula if it's the uttermost top floor. Shaula quickly shuts him out with a "No" in response as she did in the Web Novel.
- Some dialogues have been shuffled around a bit from Chapter 20 and 21 in the Web Novel.
- Subaru notices the small points of red light in Shaula's eyes after he commands her to not harm them.
- Chapter 2
- Emilia's dialogue where she casually mentions that Shaula must have been small when Reid bullied her has been cut. As a result, so has Shaula's response where she mentions that her appearance hadn't changed since she'd been born.
- Beatrice points out Aegon Voller's book instead of Libre Fermi's.
- Chapter 3
- Subaru mentioning he found another one of the Witch's book after Typhon's is cut, and as a result so is his conversation with Emilia where they talk about Sekhmet in Chapter 24 of the Web Novel. Minerva's Book of the Dead is moved to the interlude. The other Books of the Dead of the Witches have been likely postponed to future volumes.
- The cut dialogue is replaced with a new scene of dialogue between Subaru and Meili. They start to talk to each other after searching for books, and Subaru, amongst other things, asks her for how long she's been an assassin for. Meili replies for about 5 or 6 years, and mentions a quick rundown of her childhood, about how she was abandoned as a child and raised by Demon Beasts.
- Following that discussion Subaru asks her a "what if" question. He asks her if her parents' books were amongst the Books of the Dead, whether she would try and read them. Meili denies that she would, saying she has no interest in that, despite Subaru confirming that he would have helped her find out about them if she'd answered yes.
- Finally, Meili mentions that she doesn't have anyone she wants to read about (in the Books of the Dead) however she weakly trails those words off. Then, she jokingly questions whether Subaru's book would appear were he to suddenly die, saying she'd be interested in that, drawing indignation from Subaru.
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Shaula mentioning she eats Demon Beasts at the dining table is cut, and all resulting dialogue related to it.
- Chapter 7
- The interlude is new, and simply just contains Minerva's Book of the Dead (unchanged from the Web Novel).