In the past, he trained Frederica to help her control her beast form. Following the events of Arc 4, he was brought into the Emilia Camp by Roswaal to oversee Subaru's training after the boy officially became Emilia's knight.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Despite being at least 400 years in age, Clind appears to be a handsome young man with a slender face with a tall, lean body. Along with that, he has eyebrow length blue hair. Clind wears a well-starched black butler uniform and has a monocle on his left eye.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Clind is well-mannered, highly considerate of others, is extremely skilled as a servant, and tends to add idioms to the end of his sentences. Despite his good traits, he sometimes jokes around a little while behaving in a polite manner and is also a lolicon. However, he claims that he isn't drawn to them because they're young but rather because they have pure and genuine souls and people who have such souls are typically young. Because of this, he was able to determine that Emilia was mentally young for her age and that Ryuzu's soul was much more mature than her appearance suggested. Although he has known Frederica for ten years starting from the time he began working as a manservant, he tends to be prejudiced toward her appearance, resulting in bad relations between the two of them.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Skilled Swordsman: Clind is talented enough with the sword that he can fight in emergencies.
Parkour: Clind is skilled enough at parkour to teach it to Subaru. Subaru mentions that he is able to finish the Athletic Zone Garfiel made without rumpling his clothes and without breaking a sweat, calling him a monster.
Survival skills: He is mentioned by Subaru as being skilled at survival, enough to be able to teach him the basics (finding water, how to start a fire, ect).
Whip: Like his parkour, Clind is skilled at using a whip and taught Subaru the basics on how to use one.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to the author, Clind is fond of both boys and girls, as his view on love is rather unique.
References[edit | edit source]
- "so even when beast-changed, she retains her reasoning. Clind prepared her." Garfiel Birthday Q&A
- "To be enraptured by pure, immaculate souls is natural. And it happens that many possessors of such souls are young." One Day II Chapter 2. Section 1.
- "Subaru had Clind watch him practise his parkour, the then Clind defeated Garfiel's obstacle course without breaking a sweat and without ruffling his clothes. He's inhuman." Arc 5: Chapter 3. Section 1.
- "Edible grass and fruits are.... ahh, I was right to learn it from Clind-san. Gotta thank my mentor..." Arc 7: Chapter 1. Section 3.
- "Whips had a longer range and were more difficult to manipulate than movies had made them seem, but in the past year, under Clind's tutelage, Subaru's skill had vastly improved." Arc 5: Chapter 20. Section 1.
- "In fact, the assassins which Clind had defeated were all dead, but he couldn't ascertain how they'd died from just looking. Their causes of death didn't seem to be from either a sword, a blow or magic from what he could see." Sword Demon Battle Ballad: Act 1. Section 4.
- Golden Siblings
- "Clind-san can go for boys, too." askFM Q&A
[edit | edit source]