|Alias||Witch of Frost (霜の魔女 Shimo no Majo)|
|Nickname|| Emilia-tan (エミリアたん Emiria-tan)|
Lia (リア Ria)
Emily (エミリー Emirī)
|Age|| 19 (18 Arc 1-4) (physical)|
115 (114 Arc 1-4) (actual)
15 (14 Arc 1-4) (emotional)
|Eye Color||Purple Blue|
|Height||164 cm (5'5")|
|• Professional Status•|
|Affiliation|| Kingdom of Lugnica|
|• Personal Status•|
|Relative(s)|| Fortuna (aunt)|
|• Abilities and Equipment•|
|Light Novel||Volume 1|
|Japanese Voice||Takahashi Rie|
|English Voice||Kayli Mills|
Emilia (エミリア) is the main heroine of the Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu series. She is a Half Elf and a candidate to become the 42nd King of Lugnica. After Arc 4, Subaru officially becomes her knight.
Emilia is a beautiful Half Elf with long silver hair and purple blue eyes. She wears a white and purple outfit along with a white flower in her hair. Throughout the series, she has styled her hair in a variety of ways.
When Emilia still lived in Elior Forest ad was younger, she had a different set of clothes, with the same color pattern. She had a light green ribbon instead of her necklace, a different flower in her hair, and a hairband in her hair.
Emilia is good natured and likes to take care of others, though she herself refuses to admit it, instead thinking of it as her own selfishness. As a result, this often has Emilia avoid opening up to others and sharing her burdens to an very stubborn degree. She is indifferent to her own appearance, leaving Puck to take care of her clothes and hair. Because her appearance is similar to the Witch of Envy, she has received harsh discrimination from others.
She has tendency to use a lot of antiquated words that you would only hear out of an old person. On rare occasions Emilia will let out her childish side when faced something very unfamiliar to her because up until a few years ago she was unacquainted with the social norms of world outside the woods she used to live in alongside with other elves. Despite this she adapts quickly and still works hard to become a king.
Over 100 years ago, Emilia lived with her aunt of her fathers side Fortuna in Elior Forest. Back then for reasons not known to her she was considered a rather special child spent most of her days isolated from even other villagers in a place called the "Princess Room" with only Fortuna, her doll and spirits whom she could not understand yet for company. While she normally obeyed her aunt and loved her, deep down a part of Emilia resent her and the village for stripping her of freedom, constantly hiding things from her. Eventually, a young Emilia's frustrations reached a boiling point and in an act of defiance to Fortuna she break her promise to not leave her room in order gain her freedom. Free to do what she wanted and not hold obligations that were never explained to her, Emilia would sneak out on many occasions while hiding the fact, do everything from exploring to behaving mischievously as these were the times she would not have play the obedient "good girl" which helped in relieving her of loneliness. Until the day she met Geuse in a chance encounter whom she formed a strong friendship and act as her father figure much like how Fortuna was her mother. One day, Pandora and Regulus Corneas attacked Elior Forest to open the Seal within the deepest part of Elior Forest, following into the death of Fortuna, the madness of Geuse. Emilia enraged when she saw the corpse of Fortuna who was killed by Pandora's powers and froze the whole forest, along with the citizens and Emilia herself. Not only would Emilia come to blame herself for what happened as consequence of breaking the taboos and her promises with Fortuna for her personal desires and seek atonement by spending the rest of her life trying to restore the forest.
Seven years before the start of the election, Puck unfroze Emilia to contract with her and began to act as her as surrogate father and mentor. Pack used contract itself to seal parts of her memories that had been tampered with by Pandora. Hereafter, Emilia and Puck had stayed together in Elior Forest for couple years due to hostility of nearby villages and towns until they met Roswaal came to live at his mansion after he came to them with an offer to become the 42th King of Lugunica to save the citizens of Elior Forest with the blood of Volcanica. Though now after experiencing the harsh state that she other demi-humans have gone through also hopes to become a ruler that can mend relations between them and humans that Witch of Envy destroyed with her reign of terror long ago.
Spirit Affinity: Emilia has a rare innate gift to form contracts with spirits.
Spirit User (精霊使い Seirei Tsukai): Emilia is currently contracted with several Quasi Spirits and was formerly contracted with the Artificial Spirit Puck. During the incident at the Sanctuary, Puck broke his contract with her, causing her existing pendant to shatter, and she temporarily carried him around in a crystal stone that wasn't pure enough for her to use him properly. She later replaces her pendant with a new high purity crystal stone following the events at Priestella, however she states that she still doesn't have enough mana to form a new contract. Puck himself was a Human before he was made into an Artificial Spirit by Echidna and has some sort of contract with her that seals his former memories unless a certain condition is met. Some of Emilia's contract conditions are:
- He will be active only from 9 am to 5 pm
- Do not ask his relationship with Beatrice
- Do not look into a mirror or go near a large body of water
- Do not hide the fact that you are a half-elf
- He will choose your hairstyle every morning
- Groom his fur regularly
- Have some exercise when you wake up and before going to bed.
- Do not be picky about food
- Talk with lesser spirits every morning and evening
Spirit Arts (精霊術): With Puck and her other spirits, Emilia is capable of using this. Emilia and and Puck can smoothly alternate between roles of offense and defense for devastating results while with the Quasi Spirits she can use them for various applications such as healing.
Equipment : Emilia wields a magical crystal known as a Pyroxene Crystal (輝石結晶). After the fight of Roswaal and Ram, she received the Pyroxene Crystal from Subaru, which he got from Frederica Baumann. Currently, she keeps Puck within it and now is able to control the Lewes Meyer Copies to serve her.
Magic User: Following the trials, Emilia remembered that she could use magic without Puck, and becomes able to use it again. She is able to use fire magic; like her aunt Fortuna, she could convert heat into ice.
- Huma (ヒューマ): Emilia creates a shining barrier that blocks other projectiles / sorts of magic, though if the incoming magic is stronger than the shield it will inflict the user.
- UI Huma (ウル・ヒューマ): Emilia summons a massive ice pilar and hurls to it's target. It's capable of destroying an entire building.
- Al Huma (アル・ヒューマ): Emilia creates a sharp ten meter long spear of ice. The spear can also be modified to trap enemies.
- Ice Brand Arts (アイスブランドアーツ): This technique allows Emilia to instantly conjure ice made weapons which she can use and freely manipulate in close-quarters combat. The weapons are very sturdy and even capable of withstanding heat.
- Ice Brand Arts: Icicle Line (アイスブランドアーツ、アイシクルライン): Emilia creates a limited area barrier made of ice particles around her opponent which she uses to attack in all directions by transforming the ice particles into weapons. This move was originally thought up by Subaru.
- Ice Flower (氷の花): Emilia creates flowers made of ice on wounds of living beings within a certain area that suck the host's life force and bloom by sucking the host's blood. Seven years ago, Emilia couldn't control the effect area and stop it properly until Puck taught her how to do it correctly.
- According to the author, Emilia's birthday is September 23.
- She's terrible at singing due to being tone deaf.
- As she is fairly clumsy in her private life, Emilia is also bad at art, but likes it regardless. Crafts in particular.
- She considers Fortuna her ideal woman or role model and even gets her verbal tics from her.
- Fortuna's sanpakugan is Emilia's favorite physical feature of her. Subaru also shares these type of eyes.
- In this short story, Emilia learned the phase "it's better to hear thank you than sorry" from Geuse which she still kept to heart even after she had forgotten about him.
- Due to the hardships she went through because of it, after awakening Emilia began to hate her own appearance and to extent she would subconsciously avoid mirrors. Pack noticing her deep mental trauma would remove anything reflective from her vicinity and stipulated it as part of their contract.