Julius Juukulius (ユリウス・ユークリウス) is Anastasia Hoshin's knight and a member of the Royal Guard. He was Klein Juukulius' son and was taken in by his uncle after his father's death.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Julius is a tall young man of a well-built muscular stature with yellow eyes and light purple hair that is arranged neatly with a strand hanging down his face. He wears the Royal Guard uniform. When he fought with Subaru, he wore a black suit with blue borders.
Personality[edit | edit source]
As a member of Lugnica's nobility, Julius acts in a proper fashion, always having an air of nobility and conviction. He is also considerate and doesn't forget to show care toward others. He also shows a strict side, giving out accurate assessments of others whether they're good or bad, which is a result of his upbringing as an elite, and in actuality, he believes that he and others can do better than they currently are.
Julius doesn't like those who forget their place, leading him to have bad relations with Subaru for a while. While both have apologized to each other after the battle with the Hakugei, Subaru told him that he still hated him. Julius then told him that he didn't intend to be friends with him. They both became very intimate very quickly during the planning and attacking of the Witch Cult. In the end, Julius directly considered Subaru as his friend.
However, as pointed out by Reid Astrea, beneath his noble demeanor Julius is actually a very insecure person who desperately holds on to his bonds with others. This mindset seems to be the result of his parents' deaths, causing him to seek attention to fill the void in his heart. During his final duel with Reid, Julius acknowledged his flaws and began working to reforge the bonds he lost when Roy Alphard ate his name.
History[edit | edit source]
Julius was born as the son of Klein Juukulius who had ran away from his noble family and married a commoner woman named Maria. Some time later, his parents died in a flash flood and Julius was taken in by his uncle Alviero, thus being introduced to his new aristocratic life in the renowned Juukulius House. Julius lived with his family at the Juukulius House. Since the Juukulius House is very proud of their heritage and fame as excellent knights, Julius was expected to become a member of the Royal Guard. He spent his whole childhood practicing with the sword and honing his skills as a knight until he achieved the zenith of swordsmanship. After his father, Klein Juukulius, died, he started to live with his uncle Alviero, who started to take care of Julius and became his adoptive father.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Divine Protection (加護 Kago): Julius has the Divine Protection of Gathering Spirits (誘精の加護), which enables him to see, talk, and be liked by Spirits, though he has to work hard to actually get liked by Spirits.
Spirit Affinity: Julius has a rare innate gift to form contracts with spirits.
Spirit User (精霊使い): Julius was contracted with six Quasi Spirits. They were known as Ia (イア, red/fire), Kua (クア, blue/water)、Aro (アロ, green/wind), Ik (イク, yellow/earth), In (イン, white/Yang), and Nes (ネス, black/Yin). His ability to use them was severed when his name was eaten however, he has since severed his contract and forged it anew, so he is able to use them again. Since then, his Quasi Spirits had bloomed into proper spirits. As Julius is also a knight, he prefers to be called a Spirit Knight (精霊騎士 Seirei Kishi).
Spirit Arts (精霊術): Julius is able to use Spirit Magic with any of his six spirits which afford him a variety of specialties from offense to support like healing. After his Quasi Spirits bloomed into Spirits, his power greatly increased as well.
- Clarista (クラリスタ): Julius imbues his sword with the power of his six Quasi Spirits. Clarista and its different levels are Julius' original magic.
- Al Clarista (アル・クラリスタ): A long range version of Clairsta where this sixfold spell the form of a beam of pure destructive energy.
- Julius is also able to imbue his blade with just a couple of his offensively strongest Quasi Spirits which in turn makes his blade shine with a powerful gleaming light. With that blade, Julius can cut through pretty much everything, no matter the toughness. On his journey to Vollakia, he faced off against Cecils Segmund and used this attack to break the Divine General's fifth best sword.
- El Clausel (エル・クラウゼル): Julius' spirits form a circle around the tip of his sword, which envelopes the surrounding with a pure white light that unleashes a blow that aims to pierce an opponent.
- Nect (ネクト): A high level magic that enables people to share senses within the effect area by connecting their gates. It is considered to be difficult to use, however, In and Nes can use it by pairing Yin and Yang Magic together and tuning the interference of mana between people. If it is too weak, the thoughts won't get through, yet if it's too strong, people won't know where the line between them and other people begins. Performed with In and Nes.
- Fell Goa: Julius calls on Ia and Aro to produce a powerful magical firestorm by combining both Fire and Wind magic.
Magic Swordplay: Julius is highly skilled with a sword as he has reached the peak of his swordsmanship and can use spirits to further augment or enhance his technique. Based on his strength alone, he could be a second-class General of the Vollachia Empire or higher.
Shaknar (シャクナール): Shaknar is Julius' beautiful blue Earth Dragon. Despite forgetting who Julius is, it still accepted him due to its training.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to the author, Julius's birthday is July 7 and his birth flower is a Nymphaea, or water lily.
- The name was chosen by his father, Klein Juukulius.
- Julius' spirits are all female and their relationship with the knight dates back for well over a decade.
[edit | edit source]