Kararagi City States (カララギ都市国家), usually referred to as Kararagi (カララギ), is a country located to the west of Lugnica.
Kararagi is similar to Japan in various ways, such as speaking in a Kansai dialect, having an architectural style known as Wafuu, and a food similar to okonomiyaki known as daisukiyaki. Based on the official name of Kararagi given by Julius, it can be inferred that the country is a city state. However, it's unknown whether it is only one city state or includes a group of city states. Each city state has a representative, known as Mayors (都市長), and all of them vote to decide the country's representative who is referred to as the Consul General (大総領). There are ten great cities in Kararagi in total, numbered from one to ten.
Slavery is legal in most parts of Kararagi. However, it is illegal to enslave someone in Banan whose existence is secured. Conversely, it's legal to enslave street children as long as you're not seen doing so.
Shinobi's, who are skilled spies and assassins that are known to be employed by other powers, originate from Kararagi.
- Note: The characters within the story rarely describe historical events within helpful context, so the unit BA, “Before Arrival”, and AA, “After Arrival”, will be used to place moments in time with the best available knowledge. Both are in reference to Natsuki Subaru’s arrival in the new world. In this case, only BA will be used. Also note that the units are not official.
- Kararagi was founded by a man named Hoshin of the Wilderness (荒地のホーシン Arechi no Hooshin), a man speculated to be from the same world as Subaru and Al. He introduced many things similar to Japanese culture to the country.
- Reisel offered Ricardo his help in exchange for Ricardo's strength whilst they worked as slave labourers in the mines, and that allowed Ricardo to escape from the beatings. Reisel organized a slave rebellion and both he, and other slaves escaped, however he did not invite Ricardo to it.
- Ricardo was passing by down an alleyway, where he spotted four slave traders trying to capture a young girl with purple hair. He successfully prevented them from stealing her and killed all four of them. He decided that he would take her from the streets and get her a job. He secured her a job and the two of them had a last conversation before parting for a while. She pledged that she would remove his collar one day, which had been left as a reminder of what he had been.
- Anastasia joined the Chuden Group and Ricardo offered his services as a mercenary to him. Chuden accepted and hired Ricardo to work at the company as his personal bodyguard. He was given a new collar that marked his status as the "hound" of the company, though the collar had its control gem removed.
- Chuden put Ricardo in charge of hunting down thieves and bandits in the outskirts of Banan.
- Anastasia was captured by a Multi-armed man named Didorii and brought her to Razcrew planned to sell her on the slave markets in the north of Kararagi. However, his plan was thwarted by Anastasia, Mimi, and Hetaro, and he ended up being enslaved himself.
- Ricardo, along with his mercenary group, ambushed the slave trading company and challenged Didorii to a one-on-one fight. He won the battle against Didorii and killed him.
- Reisel requested Ricardo to do him a favor by stealing from a cargo full of goods. Ricardo asked what his aim was, and Reisel replied that he intended to steal a Meteor from it. On a mountainside outside of Banan, both Ricardo and Reisel tried to ambush the cargo, Shiroro emerged from the cart and attempted to cut off Ricardo's head. Whilst that happened, Reisel stole the cart, leaving Ricardo behind as he battled against Shiroro. After the fight, both Ricardo and Shiroro formed a truce which resulted in Shiroro receiving the stolen goods back.
- Echidna met Anastasia and became her consultant because she was intrigued by her. Anastasia promised Roshi that if he dies, she'll take care of the Pearlbatons.
- After Reisel's defeat, the Archbishop of Lust came to the scene where the weak and sprawling Reisel was in front of her. He tried to explain his failure, but she didn't allow for it. She touched his forehead and used her authority, making Reisel lose all of his limbs, his eyes and ears, transforming him into something inhuman.
8 to 2 BAEdit
- After Roshi's death in Mimi Pearlbaton's Bite of Love and Passion, Anastasia and Ricardo took care of the triplets and lived with them ever since.
- Eventually, the Ryuushika Business Association was founded, during which she voiced her opinion concerning a small business deal, earning her work. Eventually, she bought the company with her amassed wealth and renamed it into the Hoshin Trading Company. Looking to expand into the Lugnica market, she was in the middle of a conversation with the Juukulius family when it was discovered that she is eligible to participate in the royal election.
Albis River (アルビス河 Arubisu Kawa): A river which is located at the northern most part of Kararagi. The origin of the river is unknown, and it's long enough to go through Gusteko.
Free Trade Metropolitan Area (自由交易都市群 Jiyuu Boueki Toshigun): The Free Trade Metropolitan Area is presumably a metropolitan area that allows free trade. It is also where Anastasia is from and she is from the lower class.
Hoshin Trading Company (ホーシン商会 Hooshin Shoukai): The Hoshin Trading Company was originally called the Ryuushika Business Association (リューシカ商工会 Ryuushika Shoukoukai), which she used to be a member until she bought them and renamed the company, taking over as the president in the process. Since then she has used her business skills to make it grow into a major power within Kararagi.
Kyo (キョウ): The first city of Kararagi.
Banan (バナン): The city where the Rem IF/Natsuki Rem takes place. It lies in Western Kararagi near its centre, and is known as the second city.
- Magoji Mansion (マゴージ御殿): The Magoji Mansion, owned by Riften Magoji, is located in the northern part of the city.
- Chuden Group (チュデン商会): The headquarters of the Chuden Group were based in Banan. The company was a subsidiary of the more prominent Regret Group.
Magolya Plateau (マゴーリア高原): A large plateau in Kararagi where the Grand Mogolade's Geyser's water spews out to.
- Fusumi (フスミ): The fourth city of Kararagi that lies near the Grand Mogolade Geyser. Many mountains surround the city. White Snow Sakuras blossom in the surrounding areas, thanks to the precipitation from the nearby geyser.
- Grand Mogolade Geyser (モゴレード大噴口): A body of water which is often mistaken as a lake. The geyser is said to be so deep that the water that filled it would lead to the Great Waterfall. Fish and other aquatic animals live in the geyser.
- Cragrel Moving Forest (クラグレル移動林): A special kind of body of nature that evolved due to Kararagi's harsh climate. A forest in which the roots of its trees do not sink to the ground. The forest evolved so that it would move as a single entity to areas in which the geyser spewed out its water, depending on the wind's direction. The trees' wood was known to be of very fine quality.
The Crimson Hills Girall (ギラル赤丘): Dunes which are made entirely out of fragments of small magic stones which lie at the far west of the world map. The fragments of magic stone explode all year round.
Zarestia's Bed (ザーレスティアの寝床 Zarestia no Nedoko): A cavern on the western edge of Kararagi inhabited by the Great Spirit Zarestia, who kills anyone who enters.