The Kingdom of Lugnica, also known as the Dragon Kingdom of Lugnica (ルグニカ王国 Rugunika Ōkoku) is one of the world’s four great nations and is the country where most of the events of the main story take place. It is a monarchy historically ran by the now extinct Lugnica family. It borders, in one way or another, all of the other four nations.
Lugnica is a geographically large nation with a massive population of approximately 50 million individuals, with its territories able to support multiple environments and multiple climates. It is home to many races and ethnic groups, and the nation's history spans at least 1000 years in the past. It celebrates its nominal day of foundation on the 25th of the in-universe month, Marshba.
Despite economic recovery and relative peace and stability across most of the country, the contemporary Lugnica is negatively characterized by internal strife, racial tension, economic hardship among the disadvantaged, desperation for new decisive leadership by both the public and the ailing transitional government, and more recently, religious cult extremism and terrorism.
- Note: The characters within the story rarely describe historical events within helpful context, so the unit BA, “Before Arrival”, and AA, “After Arrival”, will be used to place moments in time with the best available knowledge. Both are in reference to Natsuki Subaru’s arrival in the new world. In this case, only BA will be used. Also note that the units are not official.
- The Kingdom is founded at least a 1000 years ago.
- Sanctuary is assaulted by the Warlock of Melancholy in pursuit of the Witch of Greed. However, the witch was able to evoke a barrier in time to fend him off.
- The Great Calamity begins with the appearance of the Witch of Envy. Starting from an unknown date and unknown location, the Witch irrationally begins to destroy the world around her, collapsing most of the old nations, killing many. Her actions also permanently scar the geography of the world.
- The great sage Flugel, with the combined strengths of his apprentice Shaula, the dragon Volcanica, and the first Sword Saint attempt to kill the rampaging Witch of Envy. However, because the witch is unable to be slain, she is instead sealed away within the vast expanse of the Augria Sand Dunes. The great Pleiades Watchtower is constructed to ensure that the witch is never freed again.
- Lugnica and its southern neighbor, the Vollachia Empire, are once again at war. The king of Lugnica, Farsale Lugnica, makes a covenant with the dragon Volcanica to have it protect the kingdom, bringing the conflict to an end. The pact bounds Volcanica to protect the kingdom from any external threat but says nothing about intervening in offensive operations or in internal conflicts.
- The Sin Archbishop of Greed, accompanied by the Witch of Vainglory, attack Elior Forest in search of a mysterious seal deep within the woods. Many elven lives are lost in the campaign. The assault ends when a young half-elf named Emilia freezes the entire forest in a sudden uncontrolled rage. The forest, Emilia, and all of the elven inhabitants are left frozen in ice for nearly a century.
Approximately 50 BAEdit
- A royal princess of Lugnica, Emerada Lugnica (who may or may not be related to the Sin Archbishop of Lust), dies at a young age due to a mysterious disease. For unknown reasons, the news of her death would be kept a secret for many years after. For yet stranger reasons, she was refused a state funeral, the reason being vaguely stated that “the national sentiment was against it." The same disease would go on to wipe out all of the known royalty of Lugnica fifty years later.
Approximately 50 to 40 BAEdit
- A near decade long civil war, straightforwardly named the Demi-Human War, rocks the kingdom to its core. The “civil war” is more accurately described as massive rebellion which pitted the Demi-Human minority based in the eastern lands of Lugnica’s territory against the human majority who dominated the Kingdom of Lugnica. Prior to the outbreak of the fighting, the racial tensions between the humans of Lugnica and the Demi-races had been long established, and long simmering. Due to the actions of the Witch of Envy many hundreds of years ago, Half-Elves and other half races were considered to be heretical, with the prejudice soon extending to the relatively related Demi-Humans. These racial tensions had continued to grow for 350 years. Sometime later, a village of Demi-Humans would become involved in a small conflict with a Human village. However, during negotiations, the Human representatives were assassinated, leading both sides to blame each other for the murders, contributing to more confusion and violence.
- This event would be the spark that would light off the war. Starting with the rebellion of several tribes in the east, the rebellion would continue to spread across the entire kingdom to the point of a bloody stalemate. Through the efforts of people such as the Sword Saint, Theresia van Astrea, and one Wilhelm Trias, nicknamed the “Sword Demon” for his absolute ruthlessness on the battlefield, the stalemate would eventually turn against the Demi-Humans. The Demi-Humans would eventually admit that it wouldn't benefit anyone to continue the fighting, although they still claimed not to be the responsible party for the initial assassinations that set the whole thing off ten years earlier.
- The trauma of the horror and violence of the war still exists deep within the general population of Lugnica, both human and Demi-Human. As none of the many issues that caused the war were truly ever resolved by the end of the fighting, people in the current day still harbor major prejudice against the half-races, even if it isn't spoken aloud.
- Something to be mentioned is that over the course of the civil war, the “Sword Demon” Wilhelm Trias, and the Sword Saint, Theresia van Astrea, would meet each consistently, starting with the first encounter in an abandoned construction yard in the Royal Capital. Over the course of three months, Wilhelm would come to re-evaluate his life of cynicism and violence through connecting with Theresia. He would meet her again, but this time on the battlefield, where Theresia would save Wilhelm from being overwhelmed by Demi-Humans. Wilhelm would soon come to both envy and admire Theresia’s swordsmanship and beauty. Beginning to realize the implication and duty of Theresia’s tragic destiny, he resolved to free her from her obligation as the Sword Saint. They would not meet again for some time.
Approximately 40 BAEdit
- At the celebrations for the second anniversary of the end of the civil war, Wilhelm Trias would return to “save” Theresia van Astrea from the potentially tainting life of being the Sword Saint. He would propose to her in the most Wilhelmian manner, a sword duel, and the next year, they would be married. Wilhelm Trias would take his wife’s surname to become Wilhelm van Astrea, and for some time after, the Sword Saint role was temporarily retired to allow Theresia to live a married life. Sometime after, Heinkel Astrea, the future deputy commander of the elite Royal Guard would be born.
- Soon after the end of the Demi-Human War, the Sin Archbishop of Pride began a campaign of secretive movements against the Kingdom of Lugnica. At first in secret, as mentioned before, and then in earnest once the Sword Saint Theresia van Astrea is confirmed to be pregnant. The incident culminated in the summoning of the "Black Dragon" who might as well destroyed the country if it were not for the intervention of the dragon Volcanica for first time in centuries.
- The Sword Saint, Theresia van Astrea, joined with a company of knights, is sent on an expedition to subjugate the Hakugei, better known as the White Whale, who had appeared in the country around that time. However, the mission ended catastrophically and Theresia was not among the few remaining survivors to return. This would be later be remembered as the First Great Expedition.
- Reinhard van Astrea becomes the next Sword Saint at the age of 5. His inheritance of the Sword Saint’s blessings and powers came at a rather unfortunate time, as the sudden transfer of power resulted in his grandmother and then Sword Saint, Theresia van Astrea, losing her powers mid battle with the White Whale, unintentionally leading to her death.
- The infant daughter of Ford Lugnica, the brother to the 41st king Randohal of Lugnica, is kidnapped by thieves who had snuck into his castle undetected. The child was never recovered. Supposedly, someone within the elite Royal Guard allowed the intruders to escape just as they were about to be caught. It’s also been rumored that the thieves were hired by the previously mentioned Heinkel Astrea for unknown reasons. The incident and even the existence of the child is not publicly known, but the kidnapping of the royal baby would have major consequences within the internal society of the royal guards. It is one of few events not recorded in the Dragon Tablet. However, a current royal selection candidate, Felt, who is known to have the signature features of the Lugnica family, is suspected to be the missing daughter.
- Disturbing rumors concerning House Argyle, concerning the alleged abuse and torture of Ferris Argyle by his own father, Biehn Argyle, are investigated by the Duke Karsten and his daughter, Crusch Karsten. The result of the investigation leads to the Argyle family ending up ruined, losing all of their territories and assets, save for one piece of uncultivated land, which effectively strips them of their nobility.
- The Oni Village is raided and destroyed by the Witch Cult. All of the residing oni are massacred, with the exception of the oni sisters, Rem and Ram, who now reside in the domain of Roswaal L Mathers.
- Puck, a spirit created by the Witch of Greed, unfreezes Emilia in Elior Forest and begins to act as her friend and mentor.
- The incident is known as the “Day of Red Earth and Sky" occurs when Melakuera, the reigning Great Spirit of Fire, attacks the Elior Forest in search of the “half-witch” Emilia. The spirit accompanying Emilia, Puck, protects her and battles Melakuera. Melakuera loses the battle and dies, with Puck inheriting the title of the next Great Spirit of Fire.
- The Fourtour Plains are ravaged by the Great Rabbit and the surrounding villages are forced to evacuate. Duke Karsten and his retainers meet it in battle, but he sustains injuries. The 17-year-old Crusch Karsten arrives later with Ferris Argyle along with another contingent of soldiers and manages to drive the creature out.
- Hannah Argyle, the wife of the ruined Biehn Argyle, dies suddenly. Lord Argyle, already a pariah in Lugnican society, begins to delve deeper into depravity with his illegal research into resurrection. It would only be much later when it would be discovered that Biehn had brutally murdered his wife; the reason is unknown, but frenetic stab wounds suggest an intense argument of some kind.
- All members of the royal family begin to die en masse due to the same unknown disease that supposedly killed Princess Emerada.
- Ferris Argyle becomes a Kingdom Knight and enters the Royal Guard via recommendation by the Royal Institute of Healing, as his Divine Protection of Water granted him incredible healing powers critical to the operations of the military. His appointment to the Royal Guard is further influenced by a recommendation by his close friend, the 4th Prince of Lugnica, Fourier Lugnica.
- Biehn Argyle is found to have been communicating with a foreign operative from Vollachia in order to obtain slaves for human experimentation. House Karsten once again takes up the task of investigating the Argyle family, and the following events lead to a clash at Argyle estate between the Karsten militia and Biehn's corpse soldiers, the result of his resurrection experiments. Biehn briefly manages to complete the act of resurrection on his wife, only for her to strangle him to death. The last soul in the mansion, the sole maid Hannah Regret locks herself in the room with Biehn and his wife as the mansion burns down in the aftermath of the battle. The event is covered up and the residents of the Argyle manor are officially declared to have died by an accidental fire.
- As with the case with the rest of the royal family, Fourier Lugnica falls ill to the mysterious epidemic. His father, the King Randohal Lugnica also becomes ill around this time. The royal family is effectively paralyzed.
- Prince Fourier Lugnica peacefully dies after a year long struggle with illness. With a final dream of marriage, he peacefully passes in the lap of Crusch Karsten, the woman he loved. Ferris officially becomes Crusch's knight and Crusch officially begins her bid for the Royal Selection, very much influenced by the prince’s death.
- The total extinction of the known Lugnica royal family leads to the abolition of the covenant between the Kingdom of Lugnica and the dragon Volcanica, and the potential power vacuum threatens to become a nationwide emergency. The Council of Elders, lead by Prime Minister Miklotov McMahon assumes control of the government and scrambles to deal with the issue of succession. Crusch is the first of five candidates discovered to have the qualifications to potentially be Lugnica's new ruler as signified by the Dragon Insignia. She immediately moves to meet the “Sword Demon” Wilhelm van Astrea, now an old, though capable man, and invites him into her camp in exchange for House Karsten's assistance in hunting the White Whale that killed his wife.
- Roswaal L Mathers meets with Emilia and Puck. After Puck and Roswaal battled for what was said to be half a day, Emilia defused the situation and accepted Roswaal's invitation to his mansion after he showed her the Dragon Insignia and enticed her into joining the Royal Selection to “free the elves”.
- Priscilla Barielle, the daughter of Vollachian emperor Drizen Vollachia, and the young wife of the prominent lord Leip Barielle is discovered to be another ruler candidate. A tournament is held for her to choose her personal knight out of fifty. Surprisingly, a former gladiator by the name of Aldebaran is picked despite not finishing in the top four.
- Shortly after Leip becomes indisposed after "mysteriously" going into shock and later dies. As the sole inheritor, Priscilla gains control over his territory. The domain miraculously prospers thanks to her divine luck.
6 months BAEdit
- The Kingdom of Lugnica enters a non-aggression pact with Vollachia.
The royal capital, the city of Lugnica, is located inside a complex of five large regional capitals centered around the capital, forming the approximate shape of a pentagon.
The capital city is divided into five circular layers which are also known as districts, and the five districts are organized top down much like a feudal structure. The highest and first layer is traditionally the land of the royalty, while the second layer is dominated by the nobility and the wealthy. The third layer is dedicated primarily towards economic and commercial purposes, and the fourth and fifth layers are residences of the average citizenry and the impoverished respectively. The fifth district is fittingly named, the Poor District.
The country contains several regions where mountains and hills are common, with the most prominent peaks in the Royal Capital region. The country is expansive enough that it can support a wide range of different environments, from large temperate forests to Mediterranean climate regions to desert areas with sand dunes. Lugnica, in reality, doesn't seem to be all that big of a nation, considering the travel distances by foot, but the country seldom explored by the characters in the story, any attempts to estimate the size of the kingdom are simply impossible.
One of Lugnica's more notable features was the Flugel tree, a massive tree towering hundreds of feet high planted by the Sage along the Lifaus highway leading to the capital. The tree was brought down during the final Whale Whale hunt, led by Natsuki Subaru.
It is mentioned in the web novel that the population of the Kingdom of Lugnica is approximately 50 million people, which is absolutely massive for a medieval nation. For comparison, Japan only reached a population count of 50 million in the year 1909. It is very possible that these numbers are exaggerated or even wildly inaccurate.
The Royal Capital, the city of Lugnica is mentioned to have a population of around 300,000, with the five other large regional capitals with populations of 200,000 to 300,000 centered around it. There are other small cities, towns, villages, and settlements dotted throughout the land.
The majority of Lugnica is human, but there is also a large minority of Demi-Humans, or humanoids with animal-like features to varying degrees. Demi-Humans have historically been oppressed by the majority of Humans, and tension leads to outbreaks of rebellions. Although Demi-Humans typically inhabit the Eastern areas of the country, there are sizable populations of minorities in the cities.
Elves and half-elves are known to inhabit Lugnica, as do many sentient Spirits.
Lugnica is also referred to as the Dragon Kingdom Lugnica (親竜王国ルグニカ Shinryū Ōkoku Rugunika), having prospered in the past due to the covenant with the Dragon. As all known members of the royal family are now deceased, martial law is currently in effect, with the Sage Council taking over the role of government for the time being. In accordance with the prophetical Dragon Tablet, five young women were selected as candidates to become the Dragon Maiden and the elected monarch.
The best mages of each of the six elements are given a color title (『色』の称号 Iro no Shougou), which are aliases that show their skill with a particular element. These titles were first created when Lugnica reorganized the basis of their magic system following the Demi-Human War. Currently, Blue (water) belongs to Ferris Argyle, and Red (fire), Green (wind), and Yellow (earth) are the titles of Roswaal L Mathers’, while black (yin) and white (yang) are vacant.
The country worships the Dragon as its national deity and he is bound by a covenant established with the Lugnica royal family centuries ago. Imagery of the Dragon is seen in nearly every corner of Lugnica, despite the Dragon disassociating himself from the royalty.
Another set of religious believers are of course the worshipers of the Witch of Envy, collectively known as the Witch Cult. The Witch Cult is actually active, if not more active, in areas outside of Lugnica. Despite being a large and increasingly active organization, the cult is extremely secretive in nature.
Economics & CurrencyEdit
Coinage in Lugnica comes in four known types of coins. The lowest denomination of coin is the copper coin which has the figure of the royal castle on it. The second denomination of coin is the silver coin which has the figure of the Sage on it. The third denomination of coin is the gold coin which has the figure of the first Sword Saint on it. And finally, the most valuable coin is the sacred gold coin, which has the figure of the Dragon on it.
The price of things changes from time to time, especially in trade of vital resources in Lugnica like iron products and mana stones. However, it's been mentioned by characters in universe that in recent years the country has been going through an economic downturn, further exacerbated by a recent great famine. Despite the current recovery, the nation’s troubles has left its finances unstable and its people desperate.
Considering the immense size of the Kingdom's population even during times of hardship, it can be assumed that the country has a massive, or at least an enhanced agricultural industry, yielding exotic fruits and all sorts of products such apples, lemons, peppers, and sugar at consistent rates, allowing the population to remain stable.
Also considering the extensive use of cut stone and in the construction of many of Lugnica's cities, it can be deduced that Lugnica also has an advanced craft sector composed of skilled stone masons, architects and city planners. Engineering feats such as wide paved roads in its major cities, working water fountains in marketplaces, and the waterworks projects in Priestella give a sense of the advanced state of infrastructure, and thus society in urban Lugnica, which is already far past the state of things in our Medieval Era.
Lugnica's national army is the Royal Army which is currently headed by Marcos Gildark. Beyond them, there are various provincial armies that help defend the country's border governed by regional lords.
Lugnica is also capable of fielding an unknown number of magical artillery bearing similarities to the Maser cannons from the Godzilla series.
The country is also in the possession of by far the greatest military asset in the known world: the Sword Saint, Reinhard van Astrea, as well as the still active Dragon. Luckily for other nations and adversaries of the government, the Kingdom is much too unwieldy to bring its full strength to bear nor will the Dragon assist in an invasion.
Lugnica: Lugnica is the capital of the Kingdom of Lugnica.
- Market Street: Situated in the Commercial District, it is the main thoroughfare that connects to all parts of the city and central commercial area in the capital. Notably, there is a board sign at the entrance for the official currency exchange rates for money.
- Prison Tower (監獄塔): The Prison Tower is a tower adjacent to the royal castle and is used to imprison those who have committed serious crimes.
- Healing Institute (王国治療院): A facility where excellent healers are gathered from all over the country. It is located in the Noble District of the capital.
- Knights Garrison: Main headquarters of the "Kingdom Knights" and where its elite: the "Royal Guard" are stationed. It sits between the Commercial District and Noble District separating them by a large archway connected to massive white buildings.
Priestella (プリステラ Purisutera): Also known as the Water Gate City (水門都市 Suimon Toshi), Priestella is one of the five regional capitals of Lugnica and is the closest to Kararagi with the Tigracy River separating them. It is a beautiful city and a famous tourist location that is built in the middle of a great lake, with waterways running through the city. The waterways divide the city into four parts called avenues which are numbered clockwise from the main gate. It is also the birthplace of Hoshin of the Wilderness and has been long associated with merchants because of its proximity to Kararagi. Priestella is led by the Priestellan Council of Ten. During the events of Arc 5, the whole council got annihilated, except for Kiritaka Muse.
- Tigracy Bridge: A stone bridge that sits over the Tigracy River on the Lugnican side which leads to the front gates of Priestella.
- Water Plumage Inn (水の羽衣亭 Mizu no Hagoromo-tei): A Kararagi style inn located in Priestella's first avenue.
- City Hall: The City Hall is a tall building in the center of the city. It houses a large communication device used to broadcast all over the city.
Picoutatte (ピックタット): Picoutatte is one of Lugnica's five regional capitals. It is a beautiful merchant city separated into five different areas: north, south, east, west, and central. The rules and features are different in each area. The Suwen Trading Company is located in the west area.
Pappelt (パッペルト): A town in the south of Lugnica where Regin Suwen, Otto's younger brother lives. This town is endangered by Earth Spider's web.
Flanders (フランダース): Flanders is one of Lugnica's five regional capitals located in the south eastern part of the country in the Hyclara Plateau. It is also known as the Earth Dragon Capital (地竜の都 Chiryuu no Miyako) due to being known as the place where Earth Dragons originated from. Volcanica is said to have become friends with Reid and Shaula here, in addition to the land being blessed by the dragon so that Earth Dragons would be born. It's famed for having what is known as a "dragon industry" since the city makes use of its Earth Dragons beyond transport labor such as powering water wheels, opening and closing canals or raising and lowering drawbridges. These innovations are only made possible due to the abundance of Earth Dragons there. The Astrea territory is located nearby.
Castour Field: The site of the second major battle during the Demi-Human War.
Aihiya Swamp (アイヒア湿地帯): A wetland that is located in the southern region of the country and borders the Vollachia Empire. It was a site of the largest battle of the Demi-Human War. The swamps were adjacent to the base of operations for the Demi-human alliance's leadership.
Shamrock Valley (シャムロック渓谷): A valley southeast of Lugnica where Sphinx's Testing Ground (スピンクスの実験場) is located. It's described to always be enshrouded by thick fog. The grounds cannot be entered without her od or something that contains it.
Hakchuri (ハクチュリ): Hakchuri is the only small city within the Astrea territory and is where the Astrea Mansion is located. The Hyclara Plateaus lies between it and Flanders. Its main industries are agriculture, livestock, and Earth Dragons. Brown haired people are more common in the area while blonde haired people are more common near the capital.
- Astrea Mansion: The Astrea Mansion is a big mansion with flower beds in the garden that Wilhelm van Astrea liked.
Fleur (フルール): A small stopover town on the longer route to Roswaal's territory. Subaru met a drunk Otto here in one loop and hired him for a ride after staying the night there. It is mentioned that Fleur is Grimm Fauzen's home town.
Hanumas: Border village that sits on the entrance to the Mathers domain.
Fourtour Plains: An area of wilderness in the Karsten lands where animals like the ubuzu can be found.
Cramlin (クラムリン): A town located southeast near the capital and near the Lifaus Highway, lying next to Mount Cordor. It has caves lying near the town, one of which was inhabited by a Sunamimizu.
- Mount Cordor: A mountain which is also known as Nest of the Earthsnakes is near the town of Cramlin.
Mill Gray (ミルグレー): A city near the capital. It is located west of Fleur near the Lifaus Highway. The town is famous for its windmills.
Bonobo (ボノボ): A city near the capital. It is located between Mill Gray and Cramlin on the Lifaus Highway. The town is famous for its distilleries.
Lifaus Highway: A vast thoroughfare nearby to where Flugel's Tree formerly stood. The tree is gargantuan enough that it can be seen for miles, though it was destroyed during the battle against the Hakugei.
Irlam Village (アーラム村): Irlam Village is a village located near Roswaal's Mansion with a population of around 300 people. The name of the village changes based on the surname of the current head. There is also a youth group created by young people in the village.
Elior Forest: A dense woodland forest currently owned by Roswaal where the Elves once lived. It is located in the North-East of Lugnica. The village owned its own seal who was being guarded by the Elves. About 100 years ago, the forest was attacked by both Pandora and Regulus Corneas, which ended up causing the entire area to be frozen over by Emilia.
Ganaks (ガナクス): A mining city located near Elior Forest northeast from it. The city lies at the foot of the Gina mountain range, and was considered one of the six great cities in Bond of Ice before Tappei changed the number of great cities to five. As well as its prolific mining industry, Ganaks is famed for its entertainment district. At night, Ganaks' main street is illuminated by the lights of gorgeous crystal lamps. Away from the main street, Ganaks is also home to a violent underworld.
The Forest of Clemaldy (クレマルディ): Clemaldy is the name of the dense forest that surrounds the Sanctuary. It is nicknamed "The Lost Forest" due to the barrier that has prevented explorers from fully explore its depths.
- Sanctuary (聖域 Seiiki): The Sanctuary is a poor village located within Roswaal's territory which has been taken care of by the various Mathers over the years. The village itself is a group of buildings located in a clearing within the forest and only halves live there. It is surrounded by a short fence with an old stone gate at the entrance. Although Roswaal refers to it as the Sanctuary, the villagers refer to it as the Witch of Greed's Graveyard (強欲の魔女の墓場 Gōyoku no Majo no Hakaba).
- Sanctuary Barrier (聖域の結界 Seiiki no Kekkai): A barrier created by Echidna that prevents halves from going through it. Any halves that come close to it start to lose consciousness and feel as if their existence is being disturbed. Even if someone takes an unconscious half that has crossed the barrier, they will never awake outside the barrier as their spirit is trapped within it. The barrier checks the blood of those that go near it and only affects those it clearly determines as halves. It also causes those who are not permitted to enter the Sanctuary to get lost.
Costuul (コスツール): A bustling Demi-Human town near the main residence of the Mathers Head family with a population that is close to 100,000. It is rumored that Costuul used to be a dragon pit.
Ladrima (ラドリマ): A village in southwestern Lugnica, bordering the Vollachia Empire, in the southern part of the Barony of Barielle.
Agante (アガンテ): Agante is a bandit town in southwestern Lugnica, near the Barony of Barielle.
Guineb (ギネブ): Guineb is an inconspicuous city in the mountains of southern Lugnica. The town is built around a magic ore mine, however the mine is already depleted.
Abiate (アビエイト): Abiate is a city in southern Lugnica. The McMahon manor is located a half day's journey from the city.
Mirula (ミルーラ Miruura): Mirula is the closest town to the Augria Sand Dunes. The town is described as a practically deserted inn town, considerably smaller than Lugnica's main cities. The town is located north from the Kingdom's largest forest, and just west of the Dunes.
The town experiences the "Sand Time" from the Augria Sand Dunes, to which its few residents shut themselves inside. It's stated that many travelers that challenge the Augria Sand Dunes pass through this town.
Gina Mountain Range (ギナ山脈): A mountain range in which legend says that Volcanica once lived there. It has become a magic ore mining source and permission is required from the kingdom to enter it. The mountain range lies in the northeast of Lugnica.
Coffleton (カッフルトン) A hamlet on the southernmost tip of the Barielle Territories. The hamlet is smaller than the Barielle estate. According to the census records, there are 88 residents. It’s located at the basin of the Tenrill river.
Augria Sand Dunes (アウグリア砂丘 Auguria Sakyuu): The Augria Sand Dunes is an area located in the far eastern part of the Kingdom of Lugnica. Due to its close proximity to the Witch's Shrine, the Augria Sand Dunes has a high concentration of witch miasma, making it an ideal place for Demon Beasts to live. Demon Beasts that live here are stronger and more aggressive than normal, though few actually live in the area.
- Pleiades Watchtower (プレアデス監視塔 Pureadesu Kanshitou): The Pleiades Watchtower is a watchtower that is being overseen by Shaula. The tower has six layers and an underground floor. The respective names of each floor from one to six respectively are Maia, Electra, Taygeta, Alcyone, Celaeno, and Asterope.
- Evil Sealing Stone Shrine (封魔石の祠 Fuumaseki no Hokora): The Evil Sealing Stone Shrine is where Satella is currently sealed.