Like the original Lewes Meyer, all of the copies look the same. Lewes is a petite girl with long, fluffy pale red hair that curves outward at the ends. She wears a large white robe that drags along the ground and is too big for her hands to show completely through the sleeves. The bodies of the copies are revealed to have been created entirely from mana, forcing them to change places in order to recharge once they reach their daily limit. Each of the four main Lewes take on the role as Lewes every four days.
Out of all of the clones, only four (later revealed to be five) have an actual personality, as a necessity to perform their duties as main managers of Sanctuary. Although they share the first name with original their are given different last names as part of their roles, personality quirks, hobbies and interests. The rest of the copies are devoid of any ego and act as simple workers who obey the 4 main Lewes or take care of other duties. Those that are recognized to be an Apostle of Greed by Echidna are allowed to gain command over the clones if they touch the crystal the original Lewes resides in.
Lewes Meyer (original): The original Lewes was sealed in a crystal by her own will. She agreed to be a part of Echidna's experiment as the witch agreed to maintain the Sanctuary. After the Sanctuary was freed, Echidna absorbed and used Lewes Omega's soul as a medium to transfer her soul into the body and renamed herself Omega based on Lewes Omega's memories.
- Alma: Lewes Alma was in favor of freeing the Sanctuary.
- Bilma: Like Lewes Alma, Lewes Blima was also in favor of freeing the Sanctuary. She is the 2nd clone Subaru meets and has the most playful disposition among the clones.
- Cima: Was against freeing the Sanctuary due to seeing the original Lewes' memories during the trial and partly manipulated Garf behind the scenes to make sure it didn't happen. She was the one who first entered the grave to try and rescue Garfiel but was forced into taking the trial. She wears a white robe.
- Omega: The copy who monitored the Sanctuary and her existence was unknown to everyone except Roswaal. She was the one who told Garfiel to be wary of Subaru and the others. After the Sanctuary was freed, her soul was absorbed and used as a medium by Echidna to transfer herself into the original Lewes' body.
- Others: The other copies don't have knowledge or experience and can only obey broad orders. The copies act as eyes and use their telepathy to relay messages if needed. They need others to order them to eat food once in a while and curl up when they reach their limit in the forest.
- Pico (ピコ): Pico is a copy that Subaru named when he first discovered the original Lewes' body. She is able to follow simple orders but other than that she is like a baby.
- Sphinx: The first clone created. Due to the imperfect method of Soul Transference she could not inherit all of Echidna's memories, personality and power which left her with a fragmented mind.
The Lewes copies were created by Echidna in an experiment to research immortality. She copied her memories and knowledge to the copies, however her experiment was never completed because she was killed by Satella. With her gone, the four main copies took over in order to manage the other copies and to take on Lewes' role within the Sanctuary when Mathers family supported them.
Telepathy: The Lewes copies are able to transmit their thoughts to each other.
- In the WN Lewes copies did not have already individual names leaving Subaru to give them random greek alphanumeric names instead. The names follow Alpha, Beta, Sigma and Theta. Echidna gives the hidden clone Omega in both versions so that remains canon.