Priestella (プリステラ, Purisutera), also known as the Water Gate City (水門都市, Suimon Toshi) is one of the five regional capitals of the Kingdom of Lugnica. The city of Priestella was formerly being lead by the Priestellan Council of Ten, until the Witch Cult allegedly slaughtered nine of them, leaving only Kiritaka Muse alive.
Information[edit | edit source]
Priestella is the closest city to Kararagi, with the Tigracy River separating the two. It is a beautiful city and a famous tourist location that is built in the middle of a large lake, with waterways running through the city. The waterways divide the city into four blocks called districts which are numbered clockwise from the main gate.
The city's construction is said to have been responsible by Hoshin of the Wilderness and has been long associated with merchants because of its proximity to Kararagi.
The city itself is built like a sports arena with a basin at its center and in case of a flood, the center would be instantly submerged. In order to have water canals in which people could travel via water dragons, the founders used an intricate magical mechanism which prevents the water from building up in one specific spot (in this case, in the center of the city). The magical mechanism is even capable of making half of the water from one single waterway flow in one direction while the other one flows in the other direction, effectively making the Priestellan waterways flow in both directions.
History[edit | edit source]
Priestella was built as a trap mechanism for extremely dangerous individuals and creatures, specifically the Witches and strong Demon Beasts. The control towers were designed so that they could flood the entire city when the flood gates are all released. This mechanism was successfully used in the past to kill Typhon.
A year after the arrival of Subaru in Lugnica, Anastasia Hoshin decided to organize a party in Priestella for the Camps participating in the Royal Election. As they arrived, several Witch Cult Sin Archbishops took control over the city, with Regulus Corneas preparing a forced marriage with Emilia. Because of this, all five Royal Election Camps have to work together in order to stop this tragedy.
As the fighting came to its conclusion, Regulus Corneas was killed by Reinhard van Astrea and Natsuki Subaru, and Sirius was captured with the help of Liliana Masquerade and Priscilla Barielle. Despite their triumph, multiple people were transformed and various people including Crusch Karsten got poisoned by Capella Emerada Lugnica's Dragon Veins. The Sin Archbishops of Gluttony also erased multiple people, including Julius Juukulius and Joshua Juukulius. To look for answers, Anastasia Hoshin suggested visiting the Pleiades Watchtower, resulting in Subaru leading a group.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Tigracy Bridge (ティグラシー大橋 Tigurashī ōhashi): A stone bridge that sits over the Tigracy River on the Lugnican side which leads to the front gates of Priestella.
- Water Plumage Inn (水の羽衣亭 Mizu no Hagoromo-tei): A Kararagi style inn located in Priestella's first avenue.
- City Hall: The City Hall is a tall building in the center of the city. It houses a large communication device used to broadcast all over the city.
- The Great Temple (大神殿 Daishinden): A temple located underneath Priestella, where the Witch of Pride's remains are said to be kept. It can be accessed through a secret door in the area under the canals, that masks a trapdoor. The Temple is protected by a Guardian, with a grotesque appearance. It's described to not be a Demon Beast, and to have an appearance that looked like it had been formed by a lot of rats coming together, with heads coming out of its torso.
Civilians[edit | edit source]
- Kiritaka Muse
- Liliana Masquerade
- Garek Thompson
- Reala Thompson
- Rafiel Thompson
- Muslan Kallard
- Ina Kallard
- Lusbel Kallard
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Web Novel, there was no Priestellan Council of Ten.
- Priestella is extremely conscious about its surrounding landscape, therefore they've enforced a lot of rules against littering. They have done such an amazing job that the bottom of the lake can be clearly seen without any obstructions.
[edit | edit source]