Welcome to the Manual of Style page. This page will be used as a reference for editors on how to format the articles in the Re:Zero Wiki in a more standard, organized manner.
For the list of rules the users should follow, please visit Rules and Guidelines.
- New articles should be named according to the subject's correctly translated official name. This usually refers to the English names the author provides and not ones by other translations.
- There is zero tolerance for fake information and speculations added to articles. Unless you can prove what you are writing is legitimate, do not add it.
- The first line in the intro should be about the subject of the article, and the subject has to be written in bold. This is only for the first sentence about the subject.
- Avoid using the second person pronoun (you) in articles.
- Do not leave obvious or easily answered comments; always read the article first.
- Do not link to any unofficial sites. Official sites include the web novel, the MF Bunko Site, and the anime site.
Deleted/Previously Deleted Articles
- Deleted articles should never be revived on the wiki until and unless there is enough information to substantiate them.
Files and Images
- Only official art and screenshots are allowed on the wiki.
- However, users may upload unrelated or fanart images for use on their profile pages and nowhere else.
- All uploaded files need an appropriate name.
- Example: Natsuki Subaru Anime.png or Ferris Manga.png are appropriate names. 19387asc.jpg and Tumblr 12345.png are not.
- Strictly avoid uploading watermarked images or screenshots where subtitles can be seen.
- Do not upload files you aren't going to use on a page.
- Character pages will have, as the title, the correctly translated full name of the character. Like articles, this refers to the English names the author provides rather than ones by other translations. An exception will be made if no official names have yet been given, however, the name should be changed accordingly to the official name, once that has been released by the Author, either via his Twitter or other social media, or via the Light Novel or Side Story releases.
- Character pages will use the Character template.
- The image used in the template should be of the highest possible quality. It also should not be a GIF.
- Images in galleries should be separated based on the image source.
- The uploaded images should be uploaded in the best possible quality, and shouldn't be too similar to the already-existing pictures.
- Do not use templates made for articles in your user page. If you do, they'll eventually be removed by the mod/admin team, without prior notice.
- User blogs are to be used only for posts regarding, at least in part, the Re:Zero series.
- Don't create blogs that don't have any specific purposes or have no value to other users on the wiki.
- User blogs that go against the rules might be deleted without prior warning.