Sirius (シリウス) is a Sin Archbishop of the Witch Cult, representing Wrath.
Debuting in Arc 5, she acted as one of the main antagonists of that Arc, alongside her fellow Sin Archbishops, leading an assault on the Water Gate City of Pristella. After losing the battle against one of the five Royal Selection Candidates, Sirius was taken into custody and is currently being held in the Prison Tower where she's being sealed away in a Magical Sealing Stone.
Sirius is covered head-to-toe in white bandages, with only her mouth and left eye left unobscured. Furthermore breaches in her bandages allow part of her full head of long silver hair to seep out. A red teardrop is constantly affixed directly below her left eye.
Long steel golden chains are wrapped around her arms which trail along the ground as she moves. These chains have hooks on their edges which allow Sirius to wield them lethally in close combat.
With the exception of her bandages, the only other thing Sirius wears is a long purple cloak. The inside of the cloak is sky blue with several vertical red decorative lines. Although not visible, she carries the Gospel of the Witch Cult around in her cloak.
As shown by her position, Sirius can be scary when she becomes angry, though normally she gives off a disgusting aura. She is also Petelgeuse's stalker and is his self proclaimed wife. She speaks in an intimate, rational manner, but that attitude is off-putting. She has a distinct way of speaking, repeatedly apologizing to everyone about nothing or small things. She does not stand people who belittle her relationship with Petelgeuse as seen when she tried to kill Regulus for saying how disgusting she is, clinging to a deceased person. Strangely enough, she harbours hatred towards the Witch of Envy, going as far as promising Subaru (who she thought was Petelgeuse) that she would burn her before him if he ever managed to revive the Witch. Sirius despises any woman that's too close to her beloved Petelgeuse, as seen when she expressed her hatred towards Beatrice for simply standing next to Subaru (who Sirius thought was Petelgeuse), asking him what he finds so appealing on her, before threatening to burn her alive.
Sirius demonstrated a twisted and freakish view on love. In her opinion, the best representation of love is to become one. To her, love is a prayer for becoming one. Seeing the same things, feeling the same emotions, living the same life, ending the same death.
Currently, little is actually known about Sirius' past including how she became the Sin Archbishop of Wrath and obtained the Witch Factor of Wrath, however, according to her, long ago, her home town was destroyed by a Witch Hunt though nothing else was said about that incident. Due to her Authority which grants Sirius extreme longevity, she had lived for a very long time though the specifics are yet to be revealed.
Some time after the events of Arc 3 and her beloved's death, Sirius managed to collect his remains and take them to an unspecified location where she set up an altar. After being subjected to Greed's wrath through the Conversation Mirrors and ripping off her nails, she cremated Petelgeuse's remains, promising the two will meet again.
Around that time, Sirius tracked down Petelgeuse's surviving fingers, ripping them apart in search of her beloved.
Authority of Wrath (憤怒の権能 Fundo no Ken'nō): Sirius is able to use the Authority of Wrath.
- Wrath (憤怒 Fundo): In a sphere of influence, Sirius can share or transmit her emotions and senses to others. After polarizing emotions such as anger or sorrow, she can transmit it to any people in their vicinity, either taking control of them or resonating a certain emotion between a certain amount of people to raise it to the point of madness. Also, since she can share senses such as distress or pain, if anyone dies within the effect area she can force others within the same area to die the same way. This Authority seems to fade intensity the further the range and extension, and the effectiveness can vary drastically between people. Being aware of the Authority’s existence and current presence can help alleviate its effects.
- Longevity: Sirius possesses an abnormally long life span due to her Authority of Wrath. Though the specifics behind her longevity have yet to be revealed.
Inhuman Strength: She is said to have the highest physical strength among the Archbishops.
Magic User (魔法使い Maho Tsukai): Sirius is a master of Fire Magic in general.
- Chain Control (鎖操作 Kusari Sōsa) or Fire Control (炎操作 Honō Sōsa): Sirius has long steel golden chains are wrapped around her arms which trail along the ground as she moves. These chains have hooks on their edges which allow her to wield them lethally in close combat. Sirius can control the chains wrapped around her body or transform the chains into fire and control them. In addition, they allow Sirius to attack any direction around an opponent.
- Witch Cult's Gospel (魔女教徒の福音): As a member of the Witch Cult, Sirius was the owner of a copy of the Witch Cult Gospel. Each Witch Cult Gospel was a replica of the Book of Wisdom, a book that had been in the possession of the Witch of Greed Echidna. The Book of Wisdom would provide exact details of future events concerning the Witch of Greed, essentially bestowing Echidna with a form of precognition. Unlike the original Book of Wisdom, the Gospels of the Witch Cult were imperfect replicas, meaning that, although they detailed the future of its owner, the events conveyed were subject to change and the information provided was often up for interpretation. The Gospels took the form of small black books that could only be read by their owners.
- Sirius' name comes from the star Sirius, which is part of the Canis Major constellation and also the brightest star in the Earth's night sky. Due to Sirius being the brightest star, it is commonly nicknamed as the "shining", which is a reference to her ability.
- She possesses abnormally bad luck. On the way back to the capital, the dragon carriage transporting Sirius was attacked by numerous bandits, was exposed to many rare inconveniences and was even forced to take a detour due to a sudden Demon Beast migration.
- Despite her journey back to the capital lasting roughly a month and many misfortunes had happened on the way, no members of the Witch Cult came to rescue Sirius.