Typhon (テュフォン) is the Witch of Pride.
Typhon has a petite body with deep green hair that stretches to her shoulders. She has red cheeks, big round red eyes, brown skin, and wears a white and blue one piece like dress. She also has a blue flower hairpin and gives off the aura of a lovely young girl. she has a bright, adorable face and is described as the very image of youth and innocence. She does not give off the impression of being a witch.
Typhon acts really child-like, which reflects on her actual age, often doing things on impulse, not reading the mood properly and rarely listening to other people. She has trouble understanding heavier, philosophical topics, as seen when she didn't understand Subaru's view on "good" and "bad" people. Her replies sometimes tend to be younger than expected for a 10 year old child. She shows heavy interest in people's "sins", more often than not disregarding topics and entire conversations (often important) in order to figure out if a person is an "evildoer" or not. She shows little to no compassion for people who she regards as evildoers however, she feels solicitude towards people who are not evildoers but have a guilty conscience, even though she is perfectly capable of killing them. She is said to have judged criminals with the innocence and ruthlessness of a child, which stemmed from her past of watching her father execute people, in order to find an answer about the concept of good and evil. This later resulted in her killing her own father, alongside other members of her village. Her view on the world is described as easygoing and bizarre, completely different from what you would expect from a 10 year old girl
When Typhon was a young girl, she was troubled with the concept of good and evil, and tended to watch her father execute people as a part of his job to find an answer. One day, she broke his wine cup, prompting her to confess her deed to him while fearing execution, though fortunately he accepted her apology, leading her to believe that the scale that measured a person's sin was inside of their own heart. Ever since then, Typhon began asking people if they were sinners, and brought down punishment to those that were guilty.
Over 400 years ago, Typhon went to Priestella where she drowned in the city's trap. Echidna later proceeded to collect and preserve her soul in her tomb in the Sanctuary, alongside other Witches of Sin.
Authority of Pride (傲慢の権能 Gouman no Ken'nō): Typhon is able to use the Authority of Pride.
- Typhon can break apart her target's body if she determines that her target feels guilty of something. The concept is very subjective, making her one of the most dangerous Witches of Sin. If a person feels guilty, Typhon will deliver punishment and condemn them, even if the deed itself isn't something the person should be punished for.
- It is implied that Typhon takes the sinner's body parts as "compensation for their sins".
- Typhon's name refers to the 42355 Typhon, a scattered disc spatial object. In Greek mythology, Typhon is a monstrous titan that is the father of all monsters.
- Her remains are still located in the Watergate city of Priestella, where she had died. After the Priestellan Council of Ten were slaughtered, Kiritaka Muse is the only person who knows how to access The Great Temple where her remains are said to be kept.
- She condemned and killed her own father, implying he felt guilty for executing so many people.