Nagatsuki Tappei (長月達平) (real name unknown), also known as Nezumiiro Nyanko (鼠色猫), is a Japanese Light Novel writer. His most famous work is Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu.
Information[edit | edit source]
Tappei was born on the 11th of March, 1987, in Japan. Very little is known about his early life, apart from the fact that in 2016, he worked as a butcher. In April 20th, 2012, Tappei published the first chapter of Re:Zero, on Shousetsuka ni Narou, a Japanese website which allows people to upload their unlicensed stories in a web novel format. His story rapidly grew in popularity and in January 2014, the series was licensed by MF Bunko J who are currently still publishing the story in a Light Novel format.
In 2018, Tappei helped as an assistant screenplay designer for a Pokemon movie titled Pokémon the Movie: The Power of Us (Gekijō-ban Poketto Monsutā Minna no Monogatari).
In 2020, Tappei worked on an anime-original series, titled Warlords of Sigrdrifa (Sen'yoku no Shigurudorīva) which began airing on October 3rd, 2020. The anime had finished airing with the 12th episode releasing on December 26, 2020. Before the anime's airing even began, however, Tappei wrote and released two spinoffs in a Light Novel format, titled Warlords of Sigrdrifa: Rusalka (Sen'yoku no Shigurudorīva Rusalka) and Warlords of Sigrdrifa: Sakura (Sen'yoku no Shigurudorīva Sakura). Both spinoffs consist of two volumes with Rusalka having been released on May 1st, 2020 and July 1st, 2020, while the two volumes of Sakura released on October 1st, 2020 and on December 1st, 2020.
On January 15th, 2021, Tappei Nagatsuki announced a new anime-original project with WIT Studio and Eiji Umehara, titled Vivy -Fluorite Eye's Song. The anime is scheduled for April 2021.
Works[edit | edit source]
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (Web Novel, 2012 - ongoing)
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (Light Novel (Story), 2014 - ongoing)
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Tanpenshuu (Light Novel (Story), 2014 - ongoing)
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Ex (Light Novel (Story), 2015 - ongoing)
- Pokemon the Movie: The Power of Us (Movie (Assistant Screenplay Designer), 2018)
- Warlords of Sigrdrifa: Rusalka (Light Novel (Story), 2020)
- Warlords of Sigrdrifa: Sakura (Light Novel (Story), 2020)
- Warlords of Sigrdrida (Animation (Script Writer), 2020)
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Lost in Memories (Game (Creative Supervisor), 2020)
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Itsuwarino-ō-sen kōho (Game (Creative Supervisor), 2021)
- Vivy -Fluorite Eye's Song (Animation (Script Writer), 2021)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During his time as a butcher, Tappei had aspirations of becoming a full-time writer, but wanted to continue working at his meat shop until that time so that he could continue to come up with ideas. He will often plan where the story of Re:Zero is going to go while processing meat.
- Tappei had completed Arcs 1-3 under a year, Arc 4 in one year, Arc 5 in half of a year, and Arc 6 in five years.
- Tappei is very close friends with Natsume Akatsuki, the author of Konosuba:God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o!).
- He visited Taiwan two times; during his first visit, he was very anxious but his fans' warm welcoming instantly put him at ease.
- One of Tappei's favorite things to eat is Taiwanese beef noodle soup, but he doesn't enjoy sticky tofu due to its strong smell.
- Emilia is Tappei's favourite Re:Zero character and she is the main reason why he created the series in the first place.
- There are three Light Novels Tappei often attributes to getting him to start writing his own story: Ragnarok, Dances with the Dragons and The Ending Chronicles.
- His favourite manga series is Big Adventure.
- He often expressed his fondness of silver haired girls.
- Tappei stated that he's not very good at depicting same-sex love, so even if it was widespread in the Re:Zero universe, it wouldn’t be depicted either way. Which means: gays, lesbians, and transgenders isn't going to happen in the future.