The Sacred Vollachia Empire (神聖ヴォラキア帝国), usually referred to as the Vollachia Empire (ヴォラキア帝国), is one of the four great nations of the world. As explained in its name, the Vollachian state considers itself an empire, ruled by the Vollachia family, though importantly, no single bloodline within the extended family controls succession.
Vollachia is the largest known country in the world. Though its geography and boundaries are, for the most part, unspecified, it shares a large northern border with the Kingdom of Lugnica, whom it has historically quarreled with.
Information[edit | edit source]
The Vollachia Empire is blessed with fertile soil, mild weather, and the temperature remains relatively the same throughout the year. In addition, they have a large number of skilled magic stone craftsmen, but only have a few spirit users. Their flag is a defiant wolf impaled by some swords. Because it is a meritocracy it doesn't place as much weight in race or status compared to other nations making it arguably the one of better places for Demi-humans to live in some respects. However because of its emphasis on ability above all else the weak and disabled are crushed or left behind under it's society.
The nation highly prides itself in having a strong military and has a national creed of "soldiers should always be strong", resulting even in lower ranked soldiers being exceptionally strong. Vollachia typically has bad relations with Lugnica, resulting in skirmishes between the two countries from time to time.
Military[edit | edit source]
Due to their militaristic society, Vollachia's Imperial Army is the strongest standing army out of the 4 great powers on the continent.
History[edit | edit source]
- Note: The characters within the story rarely describe historical events within helpful context, so the unit BA, “Before Arrival”, and AA, “After Arrival”, will be used to place moments in time with the best available knowledge. Both are in reference to Natsuki Subaru’s arrival in the new world. In this case, only BA will be used. Also note that the units are not official.
Approximately 400 BA[edit | edit source]
- Vollachia has historically engaged in war with the Kingdom of Lugnica. However, the major periodic wars cease after the king of Lugnica, Farsale Lugnica, makes a covenant with the dragon Volcanica to have him protect Lugnica.
Approximately 40 BA[edit | edit source]
- In an event taking decades before the main story, the Sin Archbishop of Pride and his wife summon a three-headed dragon known as the Black Dragon to attack Lugnica in Picoutatte. Hundreds of Kingdom Knights are killed before its eventual subjugation.
- The “Sword Demon” of Lugnica, Wilhelm Trias, famously fights Kurgan, a warrior of Vollachia, in a series of battles. In the first bout, Wilhelm cuts off several of Kurgan's eight arms, though not without taking a heavy injury to his stomach. Wilhelm Trias goes on to triumph in every battle after.
18 BA[edit | edit source]
- Before moving to Lugnica, Al resided in Vollachia, the place he was summoned. There, he learned combat skills working as a gladiator.
- Vincent Vollachia becomes the 77th emperor of Vollachia around this time.
15 BA[edit | edit source]
- The warrior Kurgan is slain by the Sin Archbishop of Greed when he attacks and destroys the city of Garkla.
6 months BA[edit | edit source]
- Lugnica enters a non-aggression pact with Vollachia.
- During this time, one of the Nine Divine Generals, Balleroy Temeglyph, plans a coup d’etat. He fails and is killed.
- The Sword Saint of Lugnica travels to Rupgana, the capital of Vollachia, accompanied by the Royal Guard Julius Juukulius, and knight Ferris. They are there to see the Emperor of Vollachia, who wishes to meet them. The three of them get involved with Balleroy Temeglyph as he is trying to execute his plot and Julius is accused of killing him. However, they are able to prove Julius’ innocence by finding and defeating the true culprit.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Lupgana (ルプガナ): Lupgana is the capital of the Vollachia Empire. The city is completely enclosed within a square shaped outer wall, and there are no obvious differences in wealth which can be observed with the naked eye in the city, in contrast to Lugnica's Royal Capital.
- Crystal Palace (水晶宮): The Crystal Palace is the palace of the Emperor of Vollachia. Due to magic stones being used throughout the palace in its construction, the interior contains excessive amounts of mana. This excessive amount of mana serves well in both defending the castle and attacking from it, as they render outsiders almost completely unable to use magic while the soldiers situated inside the Palace are completely used to the strains are not bothered by the "debuffs" in the slightest; the Crystal Palace is stated to be borderline impossible to conquer. The palace is said to have a heartbeat and Vincent Vollachia himself confirmed the Palace to be alive, referring to it as some type of a spirit.
Gladiator Island Ginunhive (剣奴孤島ギヌンハイブ): A group of islands located close to Vollachia which belong to the Empire. The islands are infamous for its arenas, where gladiators are pitted against each other or against Demon Beasts. Also, this was the place where Al fled after losing his arm, and where he obtained his helmet.
Garkla (ガークラ): Garkla was a border fortress city located in Vollachia that was known for trade. Despite being one of the most fortified cities in the nation and manned with thousands of troops, it was single-highhandedly destroyed 15 years prior to the story by Regulus Corneas when items which were associated with the witch were put up for sale, which is rumored to be the Artificial Spirit Echidna.
[edit | edit source]