A timeline of all the known incidents that happened in Re:Zero world.
- 1 Notes
- 2 Unknown/Antiquity
- 3 Early History
- 4 Middle History
- 5 Early Modern History
- 6 Near Modern History
- 7 Contemporary History
- 7.1 37 BA
- 7.2 37-36 BA
- 7.3 Around 32 BA
- 7.4 30 BA
- 7.5 29 BA
- 7.6 25 BA
- 7.7 23 BA
- 7.8 22 BA
- 7.9 21 BA
- 7.10 20 BA
- 7.11 19 BA
- 7.12 18 BA
- 7.13 17 BA
- 7.14 15 BA
- 7.15 14 BA
- 7.16 13 BA
- 7.17 12 BA
- 7.18 10 BA
- 7.19 7 BA
- 7.20 A couple months later
- 7.21 4 BA
- 7.22 3 years and 6 months BA
- 7.23 2 BA
- 7.24 8 to 9 months BA
- 7.25 4 to 5 months BA
- 7.26 3 to 4 months BA
- 7.27 2 to 3 months BA
- 8 Arrival/Start of the Main Story
- 9 References
This timeline is based on the Re:Zero material that is given in both the Anime, Manga, Light Novels and Web Novel.
Be aware that the historical events listed are seldom expanded upon, so details, especially concerning when they may have taken place are not concrete.
The characters within the story rarely describe historical events within helpful context, so the unit BA, “Before Arrival”, and AA, “After Arrival”, will be used to place moments in time with the best available knowledge. Both are in reference to Natsuki Subaru’s arrival in the new world. In this case, only BA will be used. Also, note that the units are not official.
The events that took place at an unspecified time are gathered under "??? BA" section.
Please note again that due to lack of information concerning the timing of events following Arc 5, the dates given here are potentially a subject of change or debate.
- Od Laguna appears as a mass of mana located at the heart of the world. From it, various races are born.
- Melakeura –the Arbitrator– makes his home in the territories of what is now the Kingdom of Lugnica.
- Zarestia makes her home in tribal lands now part of the Kararagi City States.
- Muspel –the Stone– ends up in the south of the continent where the Sacred Empire of Vollachia is currently.
- Odglass –the Spirit Beast– moves north to reside on Mountain Pardachia in what would become the Holy Kingdom of Gusteko.
- Toska dies peacefully, at over 165 years of age.
- The Seal in Elior Forest is created.
- The Elven population moves to Elior Forest.
- Fortuna is born.
- Fortuna's brother and Emilia's father is born.
- Emilia's Mother is born.
- Fortuna inherits the role of the Guardian.
- Arch Elior is born.
- Pandora, the current generation's Witch of Vainglory is born, comes in contact with the Witch Factor of Vainglory and starts acting in tandem with the Witch Cult, presumably before the Great Calamity.
- Hector is born, comes in contact with the Witch Factor of Melancholy, and becomes the Warlock of Melancholy.
- Regulus Corneas is born, obtains the Witch Factor of Greed, slaughters his family, village and neighboring cities, joins the Witch Cult and becomes the Sin Archbishop of Greed.
- Sirius is born, comes in contact with the Witch Factor of Wrath, joins the Witch Cult and becomes the Sin Archbishop of Wrath.
- Capella Emerada Lugnica is born, comes in contact with the Witch Factor of Lust, joins the Witch Cult and becomes the Sin Archbishop of Lust.
- Lye Batenkaitos, Roy Alphard and Louis Arneb are born, come in contact with the Witch Factor of Gluttony, join the Witch Cult and become the Sin Archbishops of Gluttony.
- Capella forms the Assassin Organization.
- Emilia is born.
- Cecilus Segmunt is born, somewhere between 20 and 30 years BA.
- Chisha Gold is born.
- Arakiya is born somewhere around 20 years BA.
- Balleroy Temeglyph is born around 20 years BA.
- Goz Ralfon is born around 30 to 50 years BA.
- Mogro Hagane is created at an unknown point in time.
- Groovy Gumlet is born at an unknown point in time.
- Serena Dracroy is born, some time between 30 and 40 BA.
- Todd Fang is born around 20 years BA.
- Jamal Aurelie is born at an unknown point in time.
- Flop O'Connell is born around 20 years BA.
- Medium O'Connell is born around 20 years BA.
- Zikr Osman is born at an unknown point in time.
- Mizelda is born around 20 years BA.
- Utakata is born around 10 years BA.
- Schult is born somewhere around 10 years BA.
- Gaston is born, around 20 years BA.
- Rachins Hoffman is born around 20 years BA.
- Camberley is born around 20 years BA.
- Ezzo Cadner is born at an unknown point in time.
- The Mad Prince is born at an unknown point in time.
- Halibel is born at an unknown point in time.
- Meili Portroute is born somewhere around 13 years BA.
- Kiritaka Muse is born somewhere between 20 and 30 years BA.
- Dynas is born at an unknown point in time.
- White Dragon's Scale mercenary group is formed.
- Darts is born at an unknown point in time.
- Fourier Lugnica is born at an unknown point in time.
- Louanna Astrea is born around 20 to 30 years BA.
- Meckart Karsten is born around 50 years BA.
- Biehn Argyle is born at an unknown point in time.
- Hannah Regret is born at an unknown point in time.
- Reisel is born at an unspecified point in time.
- Yorna Mishigure is born at an unknown point in time.
- Madeline Eschart is born at an unknown point in time.
- Kafma Irulux is born at an unknown point in time.
- Gaoran Peixit is born at an unknown point in time.
- Some time after Vincent Vollachia's coronation (7 years BA), the Emperor once again reinstates the hierarchy of the Nine Divine Generals, after years and years without this rank.
- The first of the Four Great Nations, Vollachia, is founded. Vollachia's system of succession is created to ensure that only the strongest heirs inherit the Imperial throne.
- Odglass makes a contract with an individual that would come to be known as the first Holy King of Gusteko, founding the Second Great Nation. Odglass forever on becomes the sole decider of Gusteko's royal succession.
Approximately 1000 BA
- The Lugnica dynasty is founded at least a thousand years ago. The Kingdom of Lugnica is soon founded on the eastern regions of the continent, almost immediately coming into conflict with the Empire of Vollachia to its south.
- Roswaal Mathers is born.
- Clind is born.
- Sekhmet, who would come to be the most recent Witch of Sloth, is born.
- Echidna is born as the most recent Witch of Greed.
- Carmilla, who would come to be the most recent Witch of Lust, is born.
- Minerva, who would come to be the most recent Witch of Wrath, is born.
- Daphne, who would come to be the most recent Witch of Gluttony, is born.
- Typhon, who would come to be the most recent Witch of Pride, is born.
- Satella, who would come to be the most recent Witch of Envy, is presumably born around this time.
- Reid Astrea is born into the Astrea family, later to be the House of Astrea, later becoming the First Generation's Sword Saint.
- Flugel arrives to the new world after being summoned from Japan.
- Hoshin of the Wilderness is either born or summoned from Japan at this time.
- Petelgeuse Romanée-Conti is created.
- Puck is born roughly 420 years BA. At an unspecified point in time, Echidna made him into her first Artificial Spirit.
- Echidna (Artificial Spirit) is created by Echidna, as her second Artifical Spirit.
- Beatrice is created by Echidna, as her third Artificial Spirit.
- Ryuzu Meyer is born.
- Farsale Lugnica is born.
- The political entity of the Kararagi City States are founded by Hoshin of the Wilderness with the help of the Witch of Greed. He introduced many things similar to Japanese culture to the country, such as traditional Japanese architecture, dishes, attires and weapons.
- Constructed using ancient magical techniques, the Water Gate City of Priestella is founded by Hoshin of the Wilderness on Lugnica's border with Kararagi.
- Volcanica presumably blesses the grounds of the city of Flanders in Lugnica. The first Earth Dragons are born.
Early Modern History
Approximately 400 BA
- Daphne creates the Three Great Demon Beasts.
- The Witch Cult is founded by Petelgeuse Romanee-Conti and another unnamed individual.
- Echidna meets Roswaal A Mathers and saves his life.
- Toska seeks Echidna's help in defeating Falgal and then starts his journey along with Beatrice and Puck.
- Toska defeats Falgal, whereas Echidna slaughters an army of silver dragons and makes the remaining ones surrender.
- Toska marries Remina at an unknown time in the future. During the festivities, Puck then sets out, telling Beatrice that he shall return once he would have found the one he is searching for. After that, Toska makes a vow with Beatrice, telling her that he shall one day repay his debt to her.
- Shortly after, Roswaal A Mathers is taken to Echidna's mansion, as she wants him to study magic there.
- Reid exterminates a vast majority of the Dragon population.
- Dragon Sword Reid is created and given to Reid Astrea.
- Sekhmet slaughters most of the Giants for unknown reasons.
- Echidna creates the Sanctuary, located deep in the Lost Forest of Kremaldy, where different Demi-Humans can find refuge from the outer world.
- Echidna and Roswaal A Mathers spend an unknown amount of years gathering half-bloods in sanctuary.
- Ryuzu Meyer is brought to the Sanctuary by Echidna.
- The Witch of Envy begins her rampage, kickstarting the apocalyptical event known as the Great Calamity. Starting from an unknown date and unknown location, the Witch irrationally began destroying the world around her, collapsing most of the old civilizations and killing untold numbers of people. Her actions also permanently shifted the geography of the world.
- The Great Sage Flugel, with the combined strengths of his apprentice Shaula, the Divine Dragon Volcanica, and the first Sword Saint Reid Astrea attempted to kill the rampaging Witch of Envy. However, because the Witch was unable to be slain, she was instead sealed away within the vast expanse of the Augria Sand Dunes in eastern Lugnica. Flugel took it upon himself to build the great Pleiades Watchtower and ensure that the Witch would never be freed again.
- Sanctuary is assaulted by the Warlock of Melancholy, who is in pursuit of the Witch of Greed. However, the Witch was able to evoke a barrier in time to fend him off thanks to the sacrifice of Ryuzu Meyer who sealed herself into a mana crystal as the barrier's core. Roswaal A Mathers suffered severe and crippling wounds during the face-off.
- Echidna gives Beatrice a replica of her Book of Wisdom, makes a contract by entrusting her the Forbidden Library and tells her to wait for someone suitable to inherit her knowledge dubbed "That person" in the case she doesn't return.
- Shortly after, Beatrice links the Forbidden Library to Roswaal's mansion through Door Crossing and locks herself inside it. She then notices later that her Book of Wisdom has stopped recording her future for unknown reasons.
- Echidna begins to experiment with immortality with the Ryuzu Meyer copies. The very first and mentally broken Ryuzu copy named Sphinx is involuntarily created, as Echidna failed the first attempt of transferring her soul into a vessel. Sphinx then later somehow managed to exit sanctuary while the barrier was up.
- One by one, the Witches of Sin die off. Minerva goes crazy in a trap and dies, Carmilla is burned to death, Daphne withers away in the Augria Sand Dunes, Typhon is drowned in Priestella and Sekhmet dies falling from the Great Waterfall whilst fighting against Volcanica. Echidna collects all their souls and releases them into her Sanctuary before she was ultimately sealed off in Sanctuary by Volcanica. Echidna dies shortly thereafter.
- Reid Astrea passes away due to old age. The Sword Reid is passed down to the next Sword Saint. Somehow, the Divine Protection of Sword Saint is created and passes down to the next Sword Saint.
- The Great Sage Flugel orders Shaula to protect the Pleiades Watchtower. Sometime later, Flugel entrusts Petelgeuse with a box containing the Witch Factor of Sloth.
- Lugnica and its southern neighbour, the Empire of Vollachia were once again at war. The King of Lugnica at the time, Farsale Lugnica forms a covenant with the Divine Dragon Volcanica bounding Volcanica to protect the kingdom from any and all external threats, thus leading to the end of the conflict.
Between 370 and 400 years BA
- Roswaal A Mathers manages to figure out the path to immortality.
- Roswaal A Mathers suddenly dies at the age of just above thirty.
- Roswaal possesses his son Roswaal B Mathers, and thus kicks off his 400-year-long chain of possessions.
Around 250 BA
- Toska is brought to the Forbidden Library by Roswaal D Mathers in an attempt to free Beatrice. Toska wishes to repay his debt by ending Beatrice's everlasting solitude, but she clings to her contract and kicks him out, resulting in both Roswaal and Toska's failure.
Near Modern History
Roughly 120 to 130 BA
- Valga Cromwell is born.
Around 100 BA
- The Sin Archbishop of Greed, accompanied by the Witch of Vainglory, attack Elior Forest in search of the mysterious Seal deep within the woods. The Witch directs Kurohebi to the forest to aid their attack, resulting in massive casualties in the Elven population. The Radical Faction of the Witch Cult, present on Regulus' command, launches an attack simultaneously, further devastating the Elves. The assault ends when a young half-elf named Emilia freezes the entire forest in a sudden uncontrolled rage. The forest, Emilia, and all of the remaining elves are left frozen in ice for nearly a century.
- Petelgeuse Romanée-Conti takes in the Witch Factor of Sloth, and is therefore granted the title of the Sin Archbishop of Sloth.
- Arch Elior is killed by Kurohebi during the attack.
- Fortuna is accidentally killed by Petelgeuse Romanee-Conti during the attack.
Between 62 and 100 BA
- Gionis Lugnica is born.
- Miklotov McMahon is born.
- Leip Barielle is born.
- Bordeaux Zellgef is born.
- Pivot Arnancy is born.
- Galic Fabless is born.
- Rickert Hoffman is born.
- Grimm Fauzen is born in Fleur.
- Tholter Weasily is born.
- Conwood Melahau is born.
- Carol Remendis is born.
- Roswaal J Mathers is born, under the name of Julia Mathers.
- Libre Fermi is born.
- Stride Vollachia is born, comes in contact with the Witch Cult and joins the organization after being given the Seat of Pride.
- Kurgan is born.
- Melinda is born.
- Shasuke is born.
- Raizo is born.
- Veltol Astrea is born.
- Tishua Astrea is born.
- Fribal van Astrea is born.
- Thames Astrea is born.
- Carlan Astrea is born.
- Cassiles Astrea is born.
- Berstetz Fondalfon is born.
- Drizen Vollachia is born.
- Olbart Dunkelkenn is born.
- Jorah Pendleton is born somewhere between 60 and 70 BA.
- Wilhelm Trias is born.
Approximately 60 BA
- Previous Sword Saint, Theresia van Astrea is born.
Approximately 50 BA
- A Royal Princess of the Kingdom of Lugnica, Emerada Lugnica, dies at a young age due to a mysterious disease. She never received a proper public burial as she was heavily disliked by her nation, due to her cruel and sadistic personality.
48 to 39 BA
- A near decade long civil war, straightforwardly named the Demi-Human War, begins in the Kingdom of Lugnica between the long disadvantaged and discriminated against minority of Demi-Humans and the Human majority that dominated the affairs of the country. Initially starting as a conflict between the rebelling Demi-Human Alliance and the Royal Lugnican Government, the stalemate between the two and the growing animosity would eventually devolve into a guerilla-fought ethnic conflict, leading to untold numbers of soldiers and civilians being slaughtered.
- Fribal van Astrea is slain on the battlefield.
- Thames Astrea is slain on the battlefield.
- Carlan Astrea is slain on the battlefield.
- Cassiles Astrea is slain on the battlefield.
- Battle of Castour Field. Demi-Humans ambush and route the Royal Army in one of the first major engagements of the war. An entire squad is wiped out with the exception of two soldiers, one of them being Wilhelm, due to following his intuition and pushing forward.
- Battle of Aihiya Swamp. Demi-Humans destroy three Human armies in the largest and deadliest battle of the war.
- With the arrival of the Sword Saint Theresia van Astrea on the field, the deadlock is broken and the tide rapidly turns in favour of the Humans. The final battle is fought at the Second Battle of Castour Field, and peace is made shortly after.
- Ricardo Welkin is born.
- At the Sword Saint Ceremony held in honour of Theresia's contributions in the war, Wilhelm Trias returns to “save” Theresia van Astrea from the potentially tainting life of being the Sword Saint. He proposes to her in the most Wilhelmian manner, a sword duel, of which he is victorious.
- Wilhelm and Theresia marry some time in the weeks following their duel, and Gionis Lugnica resolves Theresia of her role as the Sword Saint, allowing her to put the sword aside.
- Bordeaux Zellgef steps down from his position of the Captain of the Zellgef Squadron, and promotes Wilhelm to the rank of the Squad's Captain.
- A secret organization known as the Six Tongues is created by Bordeaux Zellgef. Orphe is employed in the organization soon after.
- During Theresia and Wilhelm's honeymoon in Picoutatte, the group–consisting of the two, Carol Remendis, and Veltol Astrea–were attacked by Stride Vollachia and Kurgan. What followed, was the famous Silver Flower Dance of Picoutatte.
- Stride begins a campaign of secretive movements against the Dragon Kingdom of Lugnica. At first in secret, as mentioned before, and then in earnest once the Sword Saint Theresia van Astrea is confirmed to be pregnant. The incident culminated in the summoning of the "Evil Dragon" in which the city of Picoutatte is nearly destroyed. The attack ends with the intervention of the Divine Dragon Volcanica for the first time in centuries. The event is remembered in history as the The Subjugation of the Evil Dragon.
- Veltol Astrea, Theresia's father, is killed by Carol Remendis, who is under the control of one of Stride's Ten Cursed Meteor Rings, during Stride's attack on the Astrea Manor. The pregnant Theresia is kidnapped and brought to Picoutatte, alongside Carol.
- Stride Vollachia and Melinda are themselves killed by the Evil Dragon Valgren.
- Valgren is purified into ash by the Divine Dragon Volcanica.
- Kurgan is trailed for his crimes against the Sacred Empire of Vollachia, but is pardoned of all his crimes due to his title of Vollachia'a Strongest.
- Wilhelm becomes the Captain of the Royal Guard.
- In the months following the Subjugation of the Evil Dragon, Heinkel Astrea, the future Vice Captain of the Kingdom's Royal Guard, is born.
Around 32 BA
- Rommel is born.
- Dudley Miload is born.
- Roswaal L Mathers is born.
- Russell Fellow is born.
- Vincent Vollachia is born.
- Julius Juukulius is born.
- Frederica Baumann is born.
- Lamia Godwin is born.
- Otto Suwen is born in Picoutatte.
- Crusch Karsten is born.
- The current Sword Saint, Reinhard van Astrea, is born.
- Ferris Argyle is born.
- Aldebaran, better known as Al, is teleported to the new world around this time.
- Joshua Juukulius is born.
- Natsuki Subaru is born on April 1st in Japan.
- Ram and Rem are born in the Oni Village near Lugnica's border with Kararagi.
- Louanna Astrea falls into what's known as a Sleeping Beauty state for unknown reasons.
- The Sin Archbishop of Greed single-handedly destroys a heavily fortified Vollachian city of Garkla, housing thousands of soldiers and the Vollachian hero Kurgan.
- Following Roswaal K Mathers' death, Roswaal L Mathers inherits the family name and is possessed by the original Roswaal A Mathers. The King holds a ceremony in the Royal Castle, in order to honour the deeds of Roswaal K Mathers.
- In the following week after the aforementioned ceremony revolving House Roswaal, Heinkel–with the help of Reinhard–manages to convince Marcos Gildark to re-join the Royal Guard, after the latter defected and formed a group known as The Brotherhood.
- Felt is born around that time, to a yet-unnamed mother and father.
- The Sword Saint –Theresia van Astrea– joined by a company of knights, was sent on an expedition to subjugate the Hakugei that had appeared in the country around that time. However, the mission ended catastrophically and Theresia was not among the few remaining survivors to return. This would later be remembered as The Great Expedition.
- Reinhard van Astrea became the current generation's Sword Saint at the age of 5. His inheritance of the Divine Protection of the Sword Saint came at a rather unfortunate time, as the sudden transfer of power resulted in his grandmother and previous generation's Sword Saint losing her powers mid-battle with the White Whale, unintentionally leading to her death.
- The infant daughter of Ford Lugnica, the brother of the 41st king, Randohal Lugnica, is kidnapped by thieves who had snuck into his castle undetected. The child is never recovered. Supposedly, an unknown individual within the elite Royal Guard had allowed the intruders to escape just as they were about to be caught. The incident and even the existence of the child is not publicly known, but the kidnapping of the royal baby would have major consequences within the internal society of the Royal Guards. It is one of few events not recorded in the Dragon Tablet.
- Simultaneously with the events of The Great Expedition, Captain of the Royal Guard Wilhelm van Astrea leads the search for the missing child of the Royal Family. The mission ends in failure.
- Valga Cromwell, now known as Rom, meets a young orphan and decides to take her under his care. He names her Felt.
- Wilhelm leaves the Royal Guard, prompting Marcos Gildark to take his place instead, becoming the new and current Captain of the Royal Guard.
- Garfiel Tinsel is born.
- Disturbing rumours about House Argyle, concerning the alleged abuse and torture of Ferris Argyle by his own father, Biehn Argyle, were investigated by Duke Meckart Karsten and his daughter, Crusch Karsten. The result of the investigation lead to the Argyle family being ruined, losing all of their territories and assets, save for one piece of uncultivated land, which effectively stripped them of their nobility.
- Petra Leyte is born.
- Flam Remendis is born.
- Grassis Remendis is born.
- The last Oni Village is raided and destroyed by the Witch Cult. All of the residing Oni were massacred, with the exception of the Oni sisters, Rem and Ram, who now reside in the domain of Roswaal L Mathers.
- Annerose Miload is born on the same day of the Witch Cult's attack.
- Grace Miload dies right after giving birth to Annerose.
- Puck unfreezes Emilia in Elior Forest and begins to act as her friend and mentor.
- The incident that would be known as the “Day of Red Earth and Sky" occurs when Melakuera, the reigning Great Spirit of Fire, attacks Elior Forest in search of the “half-witch” Emilia. Puck protects her and battles Melakuera. Melakuera loses the battle and perishes, with Puck inheriting the title of the Great Spirit of Fire.
- At around that time, the Imperial Selection Ceremony kicks off, as the 76th Emperor of Vollachia, Drizen Vollachia, isn't fit to rule, and is subsequently scorched to death by the Yang Sword Vollachia. In the following months, his children battle and kill each other, with Vincent Abellux being the only survivor, thus becoming the 77th Emperor of the Sacred Empire of Vollachia. Arakiya makes a deal with Vincent, sparing Prisca's life. After Prisca is sent off to safety, Arakiya joins Vincent's faction.
- Rommel is burned to death by the Yang Sword Vollachia.
- Months before Vincent's victory, Abellux Mansion is attacked by the forces of rival claimant Lamia Godwin. There, Cecilus Segmunt makes his name known to the world by singlehandedly slaughtering the entirety of Lamia's private army, called the Pruning Corps. Lamia is later killed by Prisca Benedict in a duel.
- During the Battle for Abellux Mansion, Arakiya eats and absorbs the Great Spirit of Earth Muspel, saving Vincent and Prisca's life.
- Following Lamia Godwin's death, Berstetz Fondalfon joins Vincent's ranks, later becoming the Imperial Prime Minister.
- Palladia Manesque is killed by Prisca Benedict some time after the Battle of the Abellux Mansion.
- Some time after Vincent's coronation, the Gladiator Island of Ginunhive prepares to revolt, wishing to leave the Empire and become independent, but the newly-crowned Emperor sends the Imperial Army to hush out the rebellion. During that time, Al is still in the Island, and helps Arakiya, who infiltrated the island, open the main gate and let the Imperial Army inside. The rebellion is destroyed and the mastermind, Ubilk, escapes.
A couple months later
- Almost simultaneously, rebellions and insurrections start blooming all across the Empire, forcing Vincent to disperse the Nine Divine Generals throughout the Empire, leaving the Crystal Palace largely unguarded.
- High Count Gaoran Peixit commits treason against the newly crowned Emperor, using the absence of the Nine Divine Generals and the weakened defences as an opportunity to try and seize the Crystal Palace. Having said that, he and his forces are quickly defeated by the defending army led by Zikr Osman. The High Count later confronts Vincent, but is killed by His Majesty's bodyguard Louann Segmunt.
- The Fourtour Plains in Lugnica is ravaged by the Great Rabbit and the surrounding villages are forced to evacuate. Duke Karsten and his retainers fight the Demon Beast, but he sustains injuries. The 17-year-old Crusch Karsten arrives later with Ferris Argyle, along with another contingent of soldiers, and manages to drive the creatures out. This event greatly boosts Crusch's image in the Kingdom, prompting people to start calling her The Valkyrie.
- Hannah Argyle, the wife of the ruined Biehn Argyle, suddenly dies. Lord Argyle, already a pariah in Lugnican society, begins to dive deeper into depravity with his illegal research into resurrection. It would only be much later when it was discovered that Biehn had brutally murdered his wife; the reason is unknown, but frenetic stab wounds suggest an intense argument of some kind.
3 years and 6 months BA
- Crusch Karsten succeeds Meckart Karsten as the Duke of House Karsten, mere six months after her 17th birthday and the incident involving the Great Rabbit.
- Ferris Argyle becomes a Kingdom Knight and enters the Royal Guard via a recommendation by the Royal Institute of Healing, as his Divine Protection of Water grants him incredible Healing powers critical to the operations of the military. His appointment to the Royal Guard is further influenced by a recommendation by his close friend, the 4th Prince of Lugnica, Fourier Lugnica.
- Biehn Argyle is discovered to have been communicating with a foreign operative from Vollachia in order to obtain slaves for human experimentation. House Karsten once again takes up the task of investigating House Argyle and the following events lead to a clash at Argyle estate between the Karsten private troops and Biehn's corpse soldiers, the result of his resurrection experiments. Biehn briefly manages to complete the act of resurrection on his wife, only for her to strangle him to death. The last living person in the mansion, the sole maid Hannah Regret, locks herself in the room with Biehn and his wife as the mansion burns down in the aftermath of the battle. The event is covered up and the residents of the Argyle manor were officially declared to have died by an accidental fire.
- As with the case with the rest of the royal family, Fourier Lugnica falls ill to the mysterious epidemic. His father, King Randohal Lugnica, also becomes ill around this time. The Royal Family is effectively paralyzed.
- All members of the Royal Family begin to die en masse due to the same unknown disease that supposedly killed Princess Emerada.
- Reinhard van Astrea is urgently dispatched to Pleiades Watchtower, in order to contact the Great Sage and find a cure for the disease that struck the Royal Family. He is unsuccessful, as he isn't able to pass through the Sand Time.
8 to 9 months BA
- The total extinction of the known Lugnica Royal Family leads to the abolition of the covenant between the Kingdom of Lugnica and the Divine Dragon Volcanica and the potential power vacuum threatens to become a nationwide emergency. The Council of Elders, led by Prime Minister Miklotov McMahon, assumes control of the government and scrambles to deal with the issue of succession. Crusch is the first of five candidates discovered to have the qualifications to potentially be Lugnica's new ruler as signified by the Dragon Insignia. She immediately moves to meet the Sword Demon Wilhelm van Astrea, now an old, though capable man, and invites him into her camp in exchange for House Karsten's assistance in hunting the Hakugei that killed his wife 14 years ago.
- Prince Fourier Lugnica and the rest of the Royal Family peacefully die after a month-long struggle with a mysterious illness. With a final dream of marriage, he peacefully passes away in the lap of Crusch Karsten, the woman he loves. Ferris officially becomes Crusch's knight and Crusch officially begins her bid for the Royal Selection, very much influenced by the prince’s death.
- Priscilla Barielle, the daughter of late Vollachian Emperor Drizen Vollachia, and the young wife of the prominent Lord Leip Barielle, is discovered to be another Royal Selection Candidate. A tournament is held for her to choose her personal knight out of fifty. Surprisingly, a former gladiator by the name of Aldebaran is picked, despite not finishing in the top four.
- Shortly after, Leip bomes indisposed after mysteriously going into shock, and later dies. As the sole inheritor, Priscilla gains control over his territory. The domain miraculously prospers thanks to her divine luck and exceptional leadership abilities.
- Roswaal L Mathers meets Emilia and Puck. After Puck and Roswaal battle for what was said to be half a day, Emilia defuses the situation and accepts Roswaal's invitation to his mansion after he shows her the Dragon Insignia and entices her into joining the Royal Selection to “free the elves frozen in Elior Forest”.
4 to 5 months BA
- A coup d'etat nearly occurs in Vollachia in which the 77th Emperor, Vincent Vollachia, is briefly kidnapped from his throne by Lugnican diplomats, almost allowing conspirators Balleroy Temeglyph and Gramdart Holstoy to seize the throne. The plot is uncovered, and Vincent is returned to the Imperial title.
- Ninth ranking Divine General Balleroy Temeglyph is defeated and killed in action by Julius Juukulius.
- The Dragon Kingdom of Lugnica enters a non-aggression pact with the Sacred Empire of Vollachia–something that did not happen in centuries.
3 to 4 months BA
- Roughly a month after the incident in the Empire, 1st ranking Divine General Cecilus Segmunt and the 4th ranking Divine General Chisha Gold enter the Kingdom's territory, in search of Gramdart Holstory–the culprit behind the failed coup. After several days of searching, Cecilus locates the fugitive viscount and takes him into custody.
- The Kingdom's Sword Saint Reinhard van Astrea and the Empire's 1st Ranking Divine General Cecilus Segmunt hold a sparing match, mimicking the Silver Flower Dance of Picoutatte. The winner of the duel is unknown, however, the Dragon Sword recognises Cecilus as a worthy opponent and Reinhard is permitted to fight the Blue Lightning with the Dragon Sword Reid. The duel goes down in history as the Silver Flower Dance of the Sword Saint and the Blue Lightning.
2 to 3 months BA
- The Emperor chooses Madeline Eschart as the new Ninth ranking Divine General of the Imperial Army, succeeding Balleroy who has died two months prior.
Arrival/Start of the Main Story
- A strange boy from another world suddenly appears in the capital of Lugnica. His name is Natsuki Subaru.
- On that same night, the Sword Saint Reinhard van Astrea intervenes in a fight between the infamous Bowl Hunter Elsa Granhiert, one of the Royal Selection Candidates, Emilia, a girl from the slums and the boy who had been summoned the very same day. Furthermore, Reinhard makes contact with the fifth and final Royal Selection Candidate, the girl from the slums, named Felt. He takes her to a spare Astrea mansion located in the Capital by force.
- Less than a week later, Meili is dispatched to the Mathers territory by an unknown figure. Meili makes contact with the Irlam Village, curses and kidnaps 6 children and releases a pack of Wolgharms into the surrounding forest by disabling the protective barrier put up by the Margrave. The Mathers household maids, Rem and Ram and servant Subaru, proceed to rescue the children. Soon after, the Margrave Roswaal L Mathers arrives, killing the majority of the Demon Beasts in the forest.
1 to 2 months AA
- Roswaal's mansion is visited by the head of the Muse Company, Kiritaka Muse, and the Songstress Liliana Masquerade. The pair, alongside their bodyguards–members of the White Dragon's Scale–proceed to stay at Roswaal's mansion for roughly a week.
Roughly 2 months AA
- The day of the Royal Selection Ceremony arrives, and the five Royal Selection Candidates arrive to the Royal Castle. After the ceremony is finished, Subaru and Rem stay at Crusch's residence, while Emilia and Roswaal return home with the latter one immediately departing for the Sanctuary.
- On their way back from the Royal Castle, Reinhard, Felt and Rom stop at the destroyed loot house, where they encounter Gaston, Rachins Hoffman and Camberley severely beaten up. Felt decides to recruit them into her Camp.
- The Witch Cult begins their activities once more, following the Royal Selection Ceremony and the revelation of one of the Candidates being a silver-haired half elf. The Hakugei also makes its appearance after years of "hibernation".
- The Emilia Camp, Crusch Camp and Anastasia Camp form a temporary alliance, launching the joint-effort Hunt for the Hakugei, followed by a brief campaign to eradicate local Witch Cultists led by Sloth, known as The Sloth Subjugation. Following the successful battle against the Hakugei, the military convoy transporting Crusch, Rem and the wounded soldiers were ambushed by the Sin Archbishops of Greed and Gluttony. Every soldier, save for the units of the Fang of Iron mercenaries are either killed or consumed by Gluttony. Rem gets her name and memories eaten, while Crusch gets only her memories eaten.
- In the days following the successful subjugations, Emilia Camp returns to the Mansion. Two days later, Subaru, Emilia and Otto set off towards the Sanctuary.
- The Oousagi makes its appearance in the Lost Forest of Kremaldy. Elsa and Meili return to the mansion roughly three to four days after the trio's departure from the Mansion, but are intercepted by Subaru, Garfiel and Otto. A fight breaks out, resulting in Elsa Granhiert's death, Meili Portrout's defeat and Roswaal's Mansion's destruction. Just before the mansion collapses, Subaru makes a contract with Beatrice and the two teleport back to the Sanctuary. Simultaneously, Emilia frees the Sanctuary by overcoming the three trials of the Witch of Greed. Upon Subaru's and Beatrice's arrival, Emilia and two fight the Oousagi, successfully managing to send the hoard to a different dimension with the usage of Al Shamak.
- Roughly a week or two later, Natsuki Subaru is given the title of a Knight, making him one of the Kingdom's Knights and officially Emilia's Knight.
Roughly 1 year and 2 months AA
- The Four Camps meet in the Water Gate City of Priestella in order to get more familiar with each other. Simultaneously, the Witch Cult attacks the city, with all its Sin Archbishops being present in the attack. The following battle in Priestella results in the death of Greed and the arrest of Wrath, with Gluttonies and Lust escaping the city.
Roughly 1 year and 4 months AA
- Following the defeat of the Witch Cult in Priestella, Priscilla Camp is attacked by eleven Vollachian assassins as soon as she returns to her own mansion in Barielle Territory. Randomly deciding to go to Vollachia, Priscilla Camp sets off towards the Empire. Roughly a week later, while crossing the Kingdom's border with Vollachia via the Tigracy River, they're attacked by a group of river bandits, who turn out to be members of Serena Dracroy's personal army. They take Priscilla to Serena.
- Emilia and Anastasia Camps set foot towards the Pleiades Watchtower, in order to meet the Great Sage and find a way to undo the damage done by Lust and Gluttony. The journey takes roughly two months. Upon arrival, the group is met by the Sage's Apprentice Shaula, but the Great Sage himself is nowhere to be seen. The Camps need to go through three trials once more, facing against tasks representing the three Old Heroes - the Sage Flugel, Reid Astrea and Volcanica. The three Gluttonies, Lye Batenkaitos, Louis Arneb and Roy Alphard invade the Tower alongside a large group of powerful Demon Beasts. As in a year prior, Emilia solves the three trials and becomes the Administrator of the Tower. Ram kills Lye Batenkaitos and avenges her sister, while Julius defeats Reid Astrea and subsequently Roy Alphard. The remaining members of the expedition defeat Shaula. Subaru, Rem and the amnesiac Sin Archbishop of Gluttony Louis Arneb are teleported to the Sacred Empire of Vollachia.
- After Subaru's disappearance, the remaining group, with Roy Alphard captured, returns to the Miload Mansion from the Watchtower where they form a rescue plan with Roswaal, waiting for additional reinforcements to return from Priestella. They also contact the Fangs of Iron for assistance.
- In Vollachia, the trio entangle themselves in a conflict between the Empire and the former 77th Emperor Vincent. Subaru sides with Vincent, who with the help of the Shudrak Clan is able to quickly disperse the Imperial Army in the area by annihilating the military camp at the outskirts of the Buddheim Jungle.
- Roughly a week later, Vincent, Subaru, Rem, Louis and the Shudrak Clan manage to besiege and conquer Guaral, a fortified city at the edge of Buddheim Jungle under the control of the Second Class General Zikr Osman. Zikr joins their faction, however, they're suddenly attacked by the 2nd Ranking Divine General Arakiya, although they are saved by Priscilla Barielle.